11. the sacrifice

═══*

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

"DAMON, IT'S MY LIFE, if Klaus wants me to go to the sacrifice, I'll go." Ophelia tried to convince Damon that she will be okay, but he thought otherwise.

"Ophelia, I said no. You are not going to see Klaus and that's final." It sounded as if Damon was being possessive towards Ophelia, but really, he cared about her and didn't want to see her in any harm. If she ever got hurt or even worse died, he would never forgive himself.

"It's my choice, Damon."

Damon grabbed Ophelia's hands and held them to his lips, kissing them softly as a small tear was shed down his cheek. "I can't lose you."

The tears on Damon's face made Ophelia wipe them gently with her thumbs, slightly regretting what she said before. "You won't."

Walking away, Ophelia was startled when Damon came up in front of her with his eyes wide.

"There is another way." The veins of Damon's face started to rush to his bloodshot eyes. He bit his wrist and immediately fed Ophelia his blood.

"Damon, no!" Ophelia tried to back away, but it was no use since Damon's vampire strength overruled her feeble human. Stefan heard the despair from upstairs and ran over to Damon, throwing him off of Ophelia. The coughing was enough to indicate that there was vampire blood in Ophelia's system.

"What did you do? What did you do!?" Stefan went to help Ophelia up, while Damon had slight regret in his eyes.

"I saved her life. There is no way to predict Klaus. Who knew what could have happened, this was the only way I would know you would come back."

" As a vampire! She'll come back a vampire!"

"It's better than nothing else." After Stefan made sure Ophelia was okay, he pushed Damon into the wall, the two brothers were starting to fight each other. Ophelia tried to interfere, but it was no use. Damon stabbed Stefan with a piece of wood in the stomach, making him stop in his place, groaning in pain.

After Jenna and Alaric went upstairs to see is everything was okay, Damon angrily stomped back into the living room, seeing Elijah elegantly cleaning the cure for revival.

"Well, it sounds like you wouldn't need this anymore. Feeding her vampire blood rendered it useless." Damon looked at Elijah, wondering how he was so calm after feeding his daughter vampire blood.

"Why are you so calm? I just fed your daughter vampire blood. I figured you would be all murderous towards me."

"Oh no, trust me, darling. If it were my choice, I would have ripped your head off by now, but for Ophelia, I collected the thought that she actually cares for you. I will respect what my daughter cherishes," Elijah said, shockingly calm making Damon get chills of the menacing vampire.