0.1 Fated

Fate. It works in funny ways that you will never expect. I didn’t see him at first. Even when there was a tinkling sound from the wind charm when he entered. It was like time was shifting, waiting for me to see him. Teasing me. 

“Hi! What can I serve you on this bright day?” I asked in my cheery-work-voice, not looking up from the counter.

“Hi, I would like a caramel frappuccino, thank you.” He replied.

I looked up from the counter, about to ask his name to write on his cup. He looked up at me at the exact moment too, from his phone. But words failed me when I saw him. His royal blue shirt covered a tattoo that was peeking out from his collar. Lean built and tall enough for me to look high up. Short, jet black hair. But the eyes were the one that made my heart trip. Shining chocolate brown eyes that was full of zest, reminding me off Sirius, my terrier. Tall, dark and handsome. That was him. I was usually not the type that easily gets melted nor believes in fated first meetings. And it shattered when I saw him. Looks don’t matter to me. It’s the heart. But something told me that his heart was more pure than his eyes.

I finally found my voice and asked, “Your name?” My animated voice was now several decibels lower than usual. If he saw me ogling, he didn’t show any sign of it.

“Rudhra. Thanks.”

His name made me smile as I wrote it with a sharpie on his cup. Rudhra. I peeked a look at him and caught him starring at my name tag. A snug smile escaped my face. I deposited the cash he placed on the counter and moved on to make his order. Call me biased, but I added extra caramel than normal for him.

“Enjoy your frappucino and have nice day!” I replied with a smile that was not usually seen by customers.

“You too, Shakthi. And thanks for the extra caramel.” He gave me a smile as I felt my cheeks tingle and redden. I bit the insides of my cheeks to prevent smiling too wide and gave a shy smile. How did he know? He walks off towards the exit, only looking back to smile at the end.

I immediately turn to my back and wonder what that was all about.

“Oooo, saucy! He’s hot! Now get back to work!” giggles Radha.

I sigh and smile to myself at the same time. If only.