CH. 10 ❝ AMENDS ❞ 償い

CHAPTER NINE: ❝ i like her so much i need to explode ❞

"agh, do you see her, gon?" killua peeked over gon's shoulder as they both stood behind a wall, searching for you in hopes to find out who your secret crush was.

"killua, relax!-"

"OOH OOH IS THAT HER?- wait no, it's not.. WAIT THERE-"

"umm, hello?" the voice rang through killua's ears, he stood up straight and still, completely frozen and slightly embarrassed. you inched closer to the pair and tapped killua's shoulder.

he turned around slowly, his cheeks were dusted with the slightest amount of pink, and gon simply laughed and cleared his throat, "y/n san! good morning..."

"good morning gon! looking for me?" you smiled, killua blinks in fear that you've been listening to their conversation:

literally 5 minutes ago:

"GON DO YOU THINK WE CAN CATCH HER WITH THE PERSON SHE LIKES?" killua rapidly shakes gon's shoulders, neither of them were able to think.

"who? you? peepeecacabaka?-"

"NO- you know what, just tell me if you see her with anyone— or just her in general."

end of flashback

"ah, you must've been, sorry!" you pull out a plastic bag and hold it out for killua to take, "i completely forgot to return your pajamas after the sleepover killua! i brought them."

killua sighs in relief and looks into the distance, "oh that.... i completely forgot, it's fine keep them."

you straightened your posture in surprise, "really!?"

he furrowed his brows at your unexpected reaction, "i'll allow it if it's you.. keep em."

your eyes sparkled as you keep the bag close to you, "thank you, killua, you're always giving me things."

killua observes your warm smile as you stuff the bag into your backpack, and a faint blush grows on his face; knowing the possibility of you liking someone else bothered him a lot. he knew it was something out of his control and quite frankly it irked him even more.

his composure is kept when he realized you had basically confessed your feelings for him— peepeecacabaka. the problem is that you had no idea of his identity, so technically speaking it wasn't killua. his mind was racing.

the white haired boy was so drowned in his thoughts he hadn't noticed he'd been staring directly at you the whole time.

"killua? everything okay..?" you tilt your head while gon shakes his arm to grab his attention. killua's expression was unreadable, but he blinked out of his trance quickly.

"y-yeah... sorry.." he says, on cue with the bell signaling the start of morning classes. you bid your goodbyes to them both.

as you walk to class, you start thinking. you'd have to make up your mind soon; confessing to someone who likes you back, even though it should seem okay, you didn't want to take the risk of falling for a person with no identity just yet.