Chapter One

Mumbled voices surrounded me as a bright pale light pierced my eyelids, I felt cold, awfully cold. Which wasn't something I was accustomed to. I squinted my eyes and had a look around. I was in a hospital room with zero recollection of the last time I was conscious, while my circus mates were scattered around, some sleeping, some whispering, some eating random snacks they found at a vending machine.
I felt a cough slip up my throat, *cough* I attempted to sit up to free my airways, wasn't much help as I was met with a jolt of pain in my ribs. "Ow!" I exclaimed, attempting to grab my side.

"Beaux!" My closest friend Aria reached to my side, "You're awake!" Her voice sounding panicked yet relived, she helped set me up in my hospital bed, supporting my torso as I scooted my bottom back to sit straight and see everyone.

Aria was a runaway, and she has an elasticity quirk. Her family forced her to hold them together, literally and figuratively. She used her quirk for many things in the circus. It was quite cool if you ask me.

"Yeah, I'm up. What happened?" I asked as everyone came to the sides of the bed, they looked confused. Am I supposed to know? What the hell do they expect. Lord.
"Well? Don't look at me stupid! Tell me!" I demanded as I examined my arms and lifted the sheet covering my legs to see any major damage.

Dorothy looked at me and reached to touch the tips of my fingers, "Deary, the stunt went... south." I moved my hands from hers, I don't like being touched and they know this. South? How bad was it? I never mess things up that bad.

Dorothy was a nice woman in her late twenties. She was quite small but her quirk was crazy. She could turn into this 8-10 feet tall hairy beast that looks like the spawn of sasquatch and a demon mixed. Super strong and creepy. She would tell us stories on how she'd go into forests when she was younger to get a laugh out of the conspiracy theorists and make them believe sasquatch was real.

"So... how badly did it go south? Give me an estimation." I said, everyone's faces went pale. Odd because these are the people who are always so full of life with no worries at all. Never had I ever seen them like this. I looked at Geoffrey, "Sir Geoffrey? How bad is it?"

His eyebrows furrowed, and he sat down on the side of my bed. "Beaux, you burnt the arena down." He pulled out the tablet he uses for mobile management and showed me pictures of the aftermath. Everything was black, small bits and pieces of toys were tossed around in the rubble, what was left of food/entertainment stands. I did all of that? How could I... I let them consume me and everything around me...

I looked down into my lap, I felt awful. How could I have let this happen, I'm the most powerful and skilled one here, yet I fucked this up. "Is anyone hurt?" My voice getting lower, if I caused all those damages, then someone must have gotten hurt.

"Well..." Sir Geoffrey muttered, putting the hand on the back of his neck. "There are no casualties. However, you saved a child from getting crushed and being burned to death. He's in recovery rn from acute smoke inhalation." He put his hand down. Although the child is alive he didn't look too pleased.

"I'm so sorry, everything is gonna cost so much. Not including lawsuits..." I replied. I'm glad that kid is alright, not that I remember his face or anything.

"Not exactly, you received this letter." Aria handed me this pre-opened letter, even though it had MY name on it. Nosey bitches, I swear. This shit is illegal.

"You can get arrested for opening my mail y'know." I shot at her as I unfolded the letter, I rolled my eyes as I aligned my pupils with the first sentence.

Beaux Burningham

Hello, Beaux. By the time you are reading this, we will be on our way, or even arriving at your current location that remains disclosed to the public. Ourselves, the hospital staff, and your colleagues are the only ones with the knowledge of your current location. We have done our best to keep the media silent over this event, as we will be requesting your assistance over something much larger than you or I. Cannot wait to meet you in person!
            ~ Sincerely, Principal Nezu of U.A. Highschool, Japan.

"Laugh out loud," I said with zero emotion. "A high school principal is on his way to see me?" I nearly laughed aloud, I don't need school. The circus is my life.

Sir Geoffrey looked at me with wide eyes, "Child, have you never heard of U.A.?" He scrolled on his tablet to pull up the pictures and information. "It's a pro-hero high school! And they silenced everything just to speak with you. That's CRAZY." He nearly yelled, his volume was interrupted by a small knock on the door.

The hospital bed is easily 2 almost 3 feet off the ground, I looked up and the door to see it open, no one there. Or so I thought. I looked down to see a white mouse-looking guy.

"Hello! I'm principal Nezu!" He smiled, the small thing had a scar across one of his eyes, it was huge! What the hell is this tiny ass thing?!

"Hi..?" I replied confused. Then another person walked in, he had burgundy wings, golden and messily slicked-back hair. He looked like he was dressed for the cold... I've never seen someone with wings before. Just when I thought I had seen it all too.

"Hey, I'm pro-hero Hawks." He slipped out casually, with zero formality at all. He leaned against the doorway, seemingly bored already. I gazed at Aria who was drooling over the guy, they seemed close in age by appearance but who am I to guess. I'm a seventeen-year-old who has friends older and younger. Things get confusing.

"Hiiii thereee~" Aria cooed, I made a poker face, I've never seen you like this. Stop it, you only want to get dick. I slapped her up the head while whispering "fuck off."

She rubbed her head and left it alone and allowed the visitors to speak.

The mouse guy hopped up on a chair while saying "I assume you've read my letter, and ss you've read... we need your assistance. We've seen videos of your... accident, and removed all of them from the internet as well as requested silence from bystanders as well." He said calmly, strange huh. "We've also paid off the damages from the building and small business surrounding. So your circus won't have to suffer!" He smiled and sounded beyond ecstatic.

Everyone's jaws dropped in disbelief, I was a skeptic, who just pays off hundreds and thousands of dollars in damages for some random seventeen-year-old? That's insane! And kind of fucking stupid. But hey, less work for me.

"Oh! Thank you?" I said questioningly, anyone who wouldn't be skeptical is beyond stupid. Why would you trust two strangers paying LARGE amounts of money? Don't be an idiot. Although they are requesting my help and the damage payments would be a setback... They must've pulled the money out of their asses. Haha. 

"Aye, we can't possibly accept this! We have insurance for accidents like this! You must let us repay you." Sir Geoffrey looked at the mouse-man named Nezu. Geoffrey began rustling through his coat to find his checkbook and his favorite calligraphy pen. 

"If you insist, we'll go halfsies! Write a check with half the balance going to Takami, Keigo." The one known as Hawks smirked as he pushed himself off of the doorway. His wings were incredible, I do love birds. But... Imagine his wings on FIRE.

"Alright!" Geoffrey did not hesitate, he then handed the slip of paper to the bird-man, Hawks put it into the pocket of his jacket, the weather seemed a little too warm for clothing like that, but whatever.

Nezu glanced at me,  god I feel so.. crippled. And honestly a little useless. "Well Beaux, it seems to me that you'll be coming with us to Japan!" He said ecstatically, gosh he's so short.

Aria looked at me in disbelief, "You can't leave us! We're family." She slapped my hand with the IV without realizing it. "We've been through everything together and you're leaving." When Aria got upset her body would become loose and elastic. Letting her emotions take control of her quirk.

"Aria, don't say that. This is a good opportunity for Beaux, and this might not be forever... She'll come to visit and keep in contact with us! We have no reasons to hold her back, family encourages each other to reach to the fullest potential." Dorothy put a hand on Aria's shoulder, she was a kind soul, much like the bigger sister to most of us. We all loved her.

The room was silent, yet everyone understood what Dorothy said, all except Aria.