Chapter 19 - They didn't lie when they said that it's dangerous

First POV

"I want you brats to sign this paper," Anko yelled stopping all the conversations between the genins.

The intimidating gates of the Forest of Death loomed over us, as we were waiting for the clock to hit the time when our second exam will start. I had no idea what Anko had in mind for this year, but from the way she was smiling at us, she didn't plan to make sure we would get out alive.

"What is this?" Naruto asked as the jonin handed him the paper.

"It a contract that makes sure that I won't be responsible if you die in this forest," she answered, making some of the teams shiver in fear. Naruto, being Naruto, didn't waste any time mocking her words as Anko turned her back to him.

"If you die in this forest," he imitated her in a high-pitched voice. I saw the kunai flew right by his head, scratching his cheek. Anko then turned around letting out a bit of killing intent as she approached my obnoxious teammate.

"You won't have any assistance in the forest, your sensei won't come to help you if something happens, your enemy isn't just the other teams, but the forest itself too," she menacingly said.

"I believe this is yours," a voice said, which I've recognized as being Shiroe's, as their tongue handed the kunai back to Anko over Naruto's shoulder. She took it from the grass ninja, giving one last suspicious look before resuming her business. Shiroe then looked back at me with the same crooked smile that they had during the first exam.

"Good luck, Chise," they said as I backed off a bit, crept out by their terrifying long tongue that was still hanging.

"Good luck to you too," I answered, more out of politeness, not because I wanted to engage in a conversation with them. Thankfully Sasuke dragged me out of there before Shiore could say something else.

"Busy making friends with those creeps from the Grass?" he asked and I laughed.

"Calm down, I was just being polite, I didn't make them my best friend or something," I huffed as sat down next to a tree.

"You always attract weird people Chise," Naruto said plopping himself in front of me.

Before I could answer him, my body automatically turned, grabbing the person I felt behind me by their collar. I stopped myself from throwing them to the ground as soon as saw who they were, Konohamaru followed by his two friends. He looked like he was struck by God themselves as he watched me with heart eyes. I cringed in disgust letting go of him and taking a few steps back. Ever since Iast week, he had been following my team and me nonstop.

"What are you doing here?" Naruto asked moving closer to where the boy was standing.

"We were asked to interview you for the Academy's magazine," Konohamaru beamed as Naruto's eyes went wide in excitement.

"Me! Interview me!" he yelled jumping around frantically. I looked around for Sasuke and noticed him trying to walk away.

"I will interview you too, Naruto, but first Miss Uchiha, future Miss Sarutobi," Konohamaru sang as I felt my blood pressure rise.

"What did you just say!?"

*

*

*

Sasuke handed Naruto the Heaven Scroll as we waited for our gate to open. The rules were simple, we had five days to get the Earth Scroll from another team and get to the tower. I had a few teams in mind that I wanted to target that didn't seem to pose a threat.

The examiner that was with us opened the gate, signaling to prepare ourselves to enter the forest. I positioned myself, followed by my teammates, waiting for the whistle that cued the beginning of the exam.