Ch 10. Katherine

"Is that Damon Salvatore?" Elena directed her question to her date as she looked at the original Founder's Day registry

"Is that Damon Salvatore?" Elena directed her question to her date as she looked at the original Founder's Day registry. "And Stefan Salvatore?"

"The original Salvatore brothers." Damon cut in walking towards the pair with Caroline by his side before Stefan could voice a cover-up. "Our ancestors."

Stefan and Elena turned around to see Damon and Caroline approaching them with his cocky smirk and her sweet (but definitely fake) smile directed at them. Hand in hand.

"Tragic story, actually", he continued while Caroline turned her head to peek at him as they stood in front of the couple hands clenched together. He sure was a great deceiver. If she hadn't known the truth, she would have also be fooled by him. A pretty damn good fibster as one might put it.

'He's good at lying, that's for sure', She thought as she turned to look at the textbook couple in front of her.

'Wait original Salvatore's that means human Stefan and Damon', Caroline explained in her mind, her attention quickly diverting from Stefan and Elena to the flamed registry behind them grossing over it and trying to mesmerize as much as she can.

"We don't need to bore them with stories of the past," Stefan said, what was for the first time as he stepped towards Elena in a protective stance.

Caroline wanted to roll her eyes at the action. However it might seem otherwise, Damon was not that dumb. He wasn't going to do something stupid like harm Elena, not in public at least (or that's what she hopes for)

"Those would be some long-ass stories," Caroline mumbled to herself more than to the group,
But, her inside joke seemed to have caught the attention of her brunette friend, who stared at her strangely before swiveling her interest back to Stefan. Let's just hope she didn't think much of it.

Now that Caroline thinks about it, 140 - 150 years, that's how long the Salvatore brothers have been vampires for. That would actually make Damon around the age 168 or 169 meaning he might have turned at the age 24 or 25. Since he was alive in 1864 according to the first official founders day registry framed on the wall in front of her as only the people above the age of 16 were allowed to sign the first founder's registry from what she had learned in history class (and yes she was good at math even though it might not seem like it but not many knew that about her). This was a piece of key information. Now she can finally find more about them and maybe even the real reason these two vampire brothers are in her town.

"It's not boring, Stefan," Elena said gazing at Stefan with her Bambi-like eyes, her voice unknowingly snapping Caroline out of her thoughts. "I'd love to hear more about your family."