45

My cellphone alarm rings loud, my hand reaches for the cellphone and turns off the sound. I grabbed the pillow and covered my face with the pillow. I'm still sleepy and want to go back to sleep. Last night was really amazing. Me, Ray and Andre spent the evening having a great time. We went to hang out at a new cafe near our campus.

This place carries a rooftop theme that is similar to the vibes in the city where Ray and I last traveled. This place offers views of the sunset combined with the city light of the city. The rooftop is decorated with umbrellas as well as artificial grass for a more contemporary look, there are also mattresses, bean bags that are comfortable to sit on. The food at this cafe is delicious and what's even better is the liquor. The liquor taste is absolutely amazing.

Last night I don't even remember Ryan, Adam or even Mike. Wait a minute, Mike? Damn, I have to get up now. My mother could have killed me if she saw me still in my bed. I quickly got up from my bed and immediately grabbed a towel and went to the bathroom. I have to take a quick shower. I've never been in the bathroom for long, I like a quick shower. I don't like cold water and I hate having to do it the way it is now.

I came out of the bathroom still wearing a towel wrapped around my body and immediately went into my room. I saw that on my desk the shopping bag my mother bought yesterday was already there. I sat in front of my dressing table, and looked at the clock, I took a deep breath, luckily I still had plenty of time to get ready.

I dried myself, then put on my underwear. I grabbed the shopping bag that my mother bought, I took out the green dress she bought yesterday and put it on slowly, I didn't want to spoil this dress.

Born in a family like this makes me have to be skilled at anything. I don't like salons. I rarely use make up but I know a little how to apply make up and today I have to put all my skills into it so that I don't get killed by my mom just because I don't look good.

Today I decided to let my hair down, I comb my hair slowly. I put moisturizer on my face and apply a light powder and lipstick on my lips. I spray Adam and I's favorite perfume on my wrists and neck. I took my watch on the table and put it on. I took the handbag from my closet and put my wallet in it.

Today I had to wear high heels, I grabbed the black high heels that were in the bottom drawer of my closet and put them on the table. I looked at myself in front of the mirror. I looked at my watch, it seems I still have plenty of time to wait until my mother calls me.

I decided to walk to my desk and sit there. I open my laptop and turn on my playlist. Suddenly my phone vibrated, I saw a message came in

Good morning, Sarah. How was your sleep ? What time are you leaving today? Ryan

Morning, Ryan. I'm getting ready, I think I'll be leaving soon. Sara

Take care, Sara. Ryan

I smiled reading Ryan's reply. Ryan really didn't want to give up. I've always been cold to him, but he keeps chasing me. Honestly, I don't want to be mean like this. I don't want to hurt his feelings. I know I still can't get over Adam and I don't want to give Ryan false hope.

"Are you daydreaming?" Ann's voice startled me

I turned and saw her head popped out on my bedroom door.

I smiled at her and looked at her with a confused look "Why don't you get ready?"

Ann ignored me and walked to my bed then she climbed onto my bed and lay on my bed.

She looked at me from my bed "I don't want to come. It sucks to come to such an invitation like that."

"Mom allowed you not to come?" I said confused

"As long as you come, then I'm free not to go with them" she grinned

I pouted my lips "Damn you, Ann. You're sacrificing me for this"

Ann laughed out loud "You're the one who will be married off to their child, not me" she stuck out her tongue.

I stood up and walked over to her and sat on my bed. I pinched her cheek "You're crazy. Who wants to marry now ? I had to come because Dad forced me. He said it a thousand times just so I would attend this invitation and of course I want to meet Mike, we haven't seen each other in a long time. Last time we met when we were in first grade. I wonder what he looks like now"

Ann smirked and her eyes sparkled "What if Mike turns out to be handsome now?"

I laughed out loud "Hasn't he been showing signs of handsomeness since childhood? I remember when he was little he was very adorable and cute"

Ann shifted closer to me "I think you like Mike, Sara"

I poked my finger in her forehead "You read too many romance novels, Ann. Get that thought far away from your brain"

Ann pouted "I don't. There are many stories that a couple of childhood friends met when they grew up and they fell in love and they got married"

Before I opened my mouth to answer Ann, I heard my mother's voice yelling from outside my room "Sara, are you done ?"

"I'm ready. I'm going out of the room" I said loudly

I tickled her waist until she laughed then I stood up and walked to my desk, turned off my laptop, I put on my high heels and grabbed my phone and put it in my handbag. I grabbed my car keys and stood up and walked out of my room.

When I reach my bedroom door, I turned to Ann "You still want to be in my room?"

Ann nodded her head "I want to read your collection of novels and listen to songs. May I?"

I smiled gently at her "Don't blow up my room" I teased her and opening my bedroom door.

"You suck, Sara" shouted Ann from inside my room.

I smiled and walked out of my house, I went to my garage and opened my car. I got in the car and started the engine.Not long after, I saw my father and mother coming out of the house and heading to the car. My mother was wearing the dress she bought yesterday and my father was the same as usual in a full black suit.

"Where did the wedding take place?" I asked my father.

He handed me the wedding invitation. I took the invitation from him and read the invitation. The building where the wedding was held is located in the south of my city. It took me about more than an hour to get there.

"You know the place?" my father's voice startled me.

I just nodded and immediately started my car. Along the way, as usual we were silent. If only I was with my father then we would have talked a lot. But if I go with those two, the situation becomes uncomfortable and I can't be that open. Now that I don't want to listen to my mother's lecture about driving safety, I don't want to spoil my mood by triggering her.

I imagine what Mike looks like now, we haven't seen each other in a long time. Does he still remember me? Is he still as cute as he used to be?