Chapter 9

I looked at the red sign of the operation just begun while holding my hands in worry. I didn't know how many tears I had let out. Anything just seemed unpredictable to me. It was only minutes to snatch my happiness with him. Looking at the clock in front of the place I was sitting, I closed my eyes tighter. It was almost three hours he was inside and I didn't know what was happening to him. It aroused me since I couldn't hear any progress from him inside. My body was trembling unconditionally as I was praying for his safeties. The view of a pond of blood on the street kept haunting me since the accident. It was just like when I saw the pond of the blood of my parents. My hand's grip tightened as It reminded me of the accident I wanted to forget forever. It suffocated me as I was trying to take a deep breath.

"Chaeyoon-ssi, everything will be okay!" I looked at Hari who was holding both my hands while kneeling on the floor.

"Hari-ssi, we just..." I couldn't continue the words I wanted to say as the tears stopped my breath.

"It's fine. He will be fine." Suddenly, I felt a jacket was wrapped around me. I looked at the standing man beside Hari who was as worried as I am. He also hid his worry while he couldn't see my eyes and only looking at the red sign of the operation room.

"Why..." I stuttered.

"Chaeyoon-ssi, you shouldn't be like this. Let's have a rest first! Just let Taemu waits here and gives you an update about him." Hari begged me as she was trying to help me to get up from the couch.

"No..." I said as my lips trembling.

Suddenly, I heard rushed steps with a knocking stick coming closer. Turning my head toward the sound, I saw both of Jisung's parents coming closer. Unconsciously, I got up while bowing to them.

"Chaeyoon-ah! Did you hurt somewhere?" She asked while roaming my body while I suddenly got frozen to see the keen gaze of Jisung's father. The keen gaze after the incident. He welcomed me warmly before even when we were engaged. But, I knew it won't last long since I knew what I had done to the company he built for so long was unforgivable. Slowly, I bowed to him.

"Tch, she is pregnant..." the only words that were blurted from his mouth which made me rubbed my tummy gingerly. It was hurting me. If he only hated me, I would be fine. But, he seemed to hate my baby too.  Biting my lower lip, I looked at Jisung's mother's worried face who was still holding my shoulders who also couldn't help the awkward situation between us.

-----

I was sitting at another side operation room that was far from the place I first sat on. In worry, I was still waiting for him with Hari beside me. I couldn't leave him without getting any update about his condition. My eyes started weighter as I waited for him. Four hours to go and the red sign was still on.

"You can sleep here, Chaeyoon-ssi," Hari said softly after taking a seat next to me. A while ago, she went to the restroom.

"No, I am fine," I replied while looking at the dark view outside. The almost dawn views outside the glass windows got me more terrified. The time passed and I couldn't hear anything about his condition.

"You are pregnant, Chaeyoon-ssi." She whispered.

"I am fine..."

"This is from Jisung-ssi's mother." She handed me a bottle of water while hiding it. I turned my head to see the back view of mine and I was looking at the Jisung's parents were still up in front of the operation room. Jisung's mother was the purest person that I thought she would hate me after the incident before. She diverted her gaze when she met mine. I smiled at her affection, even though she was still in doubt to be kind to me freely.
The operation room's door was opened and it raised my heartbeat when the bed was being pushed by some people with their operation gown and masks out of the operation room carefully. There finally I could see him laying on the bed in an unconscious state. I wanted to run at him, but Hari stopped me by taking my hand and looking at Jisung's father who seemed to hate me. Looking at his helpless body and machine on him took my breath away and tears escaped from my eyes.