Chapter 18: Old friend meet again

It's another day in the office, where Anemachi was again dealing with much more paperwork. Yet, this time, she has a personal office.

She managed to clean the hellhole out within a week with the help of some other staff. Though she did have to call in a small truck to the office, to rid of the useless waste that was there. And after sweats and many curses, she finally moved in.

Lacking a budget for furniture, Anemachi resorted to a simple fan for ventilation. A wooden table painted with white emulsion that she picked up in a sale served as her workplace. The size of it was enough to hold a laptop with extra space for other miscellaneous things, mostly files. A cheap lamp that Anemachi brought herself illuminated the dim room on her table. It was simple but cute.

"At least give me some money for an extra chair, this damn sweatshop." Sitting on an old, metal chair that was left accumulating dust days ago, Anemachi grumbled.

She swore that she will buy a gamer chair as soon as she received her first salary.

"Knock, knock, may I come in?" A female's voice penetrated through the wooden door.

"Yes, come in please." Responding back, Anemachi lifted her eyes from her laptop.

The screen of her still filled with spreadsheets and opened emails, she was busy.

Door opened and revealed to be Miko who still had her cute handbag with her. She was wearing a casual blouse. Her eyes, wandering about the new office she was in, were curious.

"Morning Anemachi. Oh wow, you have a new office huh? Though it's quite empty it seems." Miko said.

"The management didn't give me enough funds at all. What do you expect otherwise?" Rolling her eyes, Anemachi was still grumpy about it. "Anyway, why are you here? Don't you have a stream later? Don't tell me you went into some trouble and wanted me to fix it?"

Though it may sound weird, Hololive talents don't need to come to the office that often. They only came for meetings and 3D live streaming which doesn't occur often so Miko's sudden arrival was unexpected.

"What do you mean by that? I can come here even without a specific reason!" Hearing Anemachi's assumption, Miko's face turned red. "Don't make me sound like someone who is always in trouble!"

"You are though." Murmuring to herself, Anemachi decided to hear her out. "So, what is it?"

"Hmph! Miko is unhappy now, she requires someone treating her to lunch before her anger can be quenched." Miko decided that she needed compensation for the harm that Anemachi did.

"Hmm, what is your parent's number again? I remember I kept it in the personal information file...It would be a shame if what you did weeks ago is revealed. " Anemachi resorted to blackmail.

"You can't just access my information like that! That is a crime!" Miko fights back.

"Go report to the police then, I promise that your parents will be happy to know their daughter almost bled to death."

"Huh, so it's (Number is censor)-"

"AHHH, SORRY SORRY!" Giving up, Miko began hugging Anemachi's body from the ground, begging. "Don't let them know please! They will kill me if they find it out!"

Miko's hand clinging onto Anemachi's skirt, tears welled up in their eyes, knee on the floor. She was moments away before her emotion burst out and Anemachi won't want that happening in her office.

"I'm joking, don't take it seriously." Looking at the girl behaving like this, Anemachi had a headache. "Come on, you know that I'm not that kind of person."