Chapter 4

Chapter 4

OH dear god, Vince was actually standing down. Hazel could not believe her eyes. As Vince stood up he looked at Hazel and smiled and ugly evil smile. "Until next time... Oh and Hazel, be sure to clean your self up... Your a disgrace..." He said calling his men and walking away.

Her heart sunk. Ed did not flinch, he was so calm and collected. "He will kill you." She said breathlessly.

"If he does then I will kill him too." Was his stupid reply.

"Ed, please, we need to run... Can we just leave?" Ed gave her a look like don't be absurd. He looked outside and smiled. There was a man speaking to Vince... Vince looked like he was nervous.

"Who is Vince speaking to? Oh my god... I don't know this one..." She said panicking. Ed did not bother to reply. He just watched as this fully tattooed guy threw out his smoke and walked inside. Hazel wanted the floor to swallow her up. She whimpered when the hot scary man walked in and his eyes found them.

"You good?" he asked Ed shocking the hell out of her. Ed nodded. Then just to add to her fear, the guy sat down beside Hazel. "This her?" He asked.

"Yeah..." Was Ed's reply. The hot blue eyed guy stared at her.

"What's with your face?" He asked her shaking his head. Ed did not reply.

"What?" She replied thinking this guy was insane. Hell Ed was right, he had men surrounding them. Or a man... Whatever this was well it worked in their favor at least for now.

"Your face, why all that shit for?" She was taken aback.

"Oh Hazel, let me introduce you, this is the Black assassin." Ed said smiling. He could see the confusion in her eyes.

"He... He's not black...." She said dumbly.

"No shit..." The assassin said smartly. She scratched her nose. So this was Ed's partner in crime.

"Joshua Black..." Ed said. "Hazel Brynes." Joshua nodded.

"Yeah, but why the face?" He was not letting up about her face.

"It's her thing..." Ed said shutting the assassin up. "What you think?" Ed asked obviously talking about Vince.

"I reckon get her to the mansion, keep her safe, let's deal with Vince... Let me off him"

"No... Oh god no..." Hazel jumped in. "Ed you promised me no killing him... Please" She begged. Ed shook his head and looked helplessly at Joshua.

"I don't know man... Why god thinks to try me is beyond me." Ed said frustrated.

"Ed don't you fucking start with god..." Joshua said in a warning tone. Ed laughed, wow.... How different he looked when he laughed. Joshua cursed and laughed also. Okay this was weird as hell.

"You believe in god?" Joshua asked Hazel. She scratched her nose.

"Yeah..." Was her reply.

"Of course you do." Strange hot assassin. "Look, bring her to the mansion. We can sort it out there" He said to Ed. Ed looked hesitant. "Bro... It's best to keep her where we can all look out for her." He said so casually. Hazel did not think they really were discussing her, suddenly she was to be protected in a mansion by more than one guy... This was a little much. She could not afford it.

Maybe now that Vince knew the threat she could be on her way. She did not have that kind of money. "Um... Ed, thank you, I um... I think I will go on my way from here.... You've done what you were supposed to do," she said biting her lip. Joshua shook his head eyeing her out like she just spoke another language.