02:

"Held you together, girl, I know all your secrets"

---

I don't know what that was, she had never had allergies before and they  wouldnt come that fast.

Matt was a pushy guy, ever since I knew him it was always what he wanted, Mae was always left alone with her own opinion.

"Did you see Mae's eye?" I asked Jack.

"Yeah, I did. Looked like someone hit her."

"She said it was allergies," I concluded.

"Allergies don't look like that.."

"So what do you think happened?"

"Honestly he could've hit her, wouldn't be surprised. He seems like that type of guy."

"Jack, you sure? I wouldn't want to make that type of assumption."

"I'm not joking, you saw the bruise, never once has that guy mentioned liking baseball."

I wouldn't blame Jack, stuff like that happens. But to Mae? No I wouldn't believe it.

"Call her" Jack implied.

I pulled out my phone and called Mae.

"Mae, what's up?" I asked.

"Hey.. nothing much," her words felt slow, and just off. Usually when we would hangout she always happy.

"You don't sound to good, you okay?"

"Yeah, me and Matt just got into a small argument. Nothing much."

"Hm, you wanna talk about it. Or come over, just get away from it?" My head was wanting for her to come over, I was worried in all my years of knowing her nothing like this had happened.

"uh sure, i'll be there in 10," She hung up the call and made her way over.

---

Mae's POV: 

I pulled into Zach's driveway, and opened my car door to see Zach standing by the front door waiting. Even when I first met him he's usually been impatient. I made my way up to the front door.

"Hey.." he greeted me.

"Hi" I said faking a smile.

We walked inside and made it to his living room.

"So what were you guys fighting about," he sat down on the couch. 

"Just stupid stuff, anything that I do that he doesn't like just gets to him"

"What does he do when he's mad?"

"Just yells, I just kinda stay quiet"

"That doesn't sound to good, Mae"

I know he doesnt like Matt and Matt doesn't like him.

"Can I tell you somthing about Matt?"

"Sure," he looked confused.

"Matt when he gets mad sometime he's violent..."

"Violent?" he now started to get upset.

"He just yells, and breaks thing. Last night, my eye... it wasn't allergies. Plus it was my fault anyways, I tipped him off."

"Mae, you need to get away from him..." he stood up and walked towards me.

"No hes fine, I just have to watch myself. That's all. I'm fine Zach"

"No your not. He smacks the shit out of you and that's okay with you?"

"Well-"

"Mae, your nor going back there. I wont let you." he air was getting tense," that bruise wasnt from baseball was it?"

I stopped talking, "Mae... come here," Zach embraced me in a hug.

"Look Zach, I appreciate talking but I gotta go back, I told Matt I was getting something from the store."

"What?" he stopped the hug and looked me in the eyes, "You can't..."

"I have too Zach."

I finally left, Zach knew what was going on but this couldn't go on any further, me and Matt were happy. At least I think. As long as Matt doesnt get mad everything fine, he can be the sweetest thing in the world at times.

---

Zach: Call me if anything happens
                               Read 8:36PM