Winston

I was still in a daze while Mr. Wilson called attendance. 

"Sherri Valance?" he called, bringing me back to reality.

"Here," she answered.

"Y/N Winston?" Mr. Wilson called.

"Here," I said.

I quickly looked over to Cherry and saw a panicked expression mixed with a bit of disappointment. Fuck, I thought. My already slim chances had been ruined. I spent the next half of class wondering what she thought of me now. Occasionally, I could feel her eyes on me, probably trying to find similarities between me and my brother, but I didn't look her way, even though I wanted to. 

"Good morning class," I heard a female voice say.

I looked up and saw a well-dressed lady who looked to be in her 50s and I assumed she was the principal. Her eyes were focused on me, despite her having addressed the whole class.

"I'm going to borrow your teacher for a bit, please behave," she said, before walking out and taking Mr. Wilson with her.

I heard Cherry clear her throat, so I turned my head to face her. She looked at me for a little but didn't say anything. Just as I was about to turn my head, she spoke.

"Are you related to Dallas Winston?"

"Yeah, he's my brother," I answered expressionlessly.

"Oh..." she said quietly, looking down, "Is that why you were at the drive-in the other day?"

"Yeah," I answered.

"Thanks," she said, making eye contact. 

"For what?" I asked, confused. 

"For, you know, telling him to back off when he was hitting on me," she answered, her voice soft, "You didn't have to do that. I mean you didn't even know me."

"It's no big deal," I shrugged.

"Why'd you do it?" she questioned, still maintaining eye contact.

"I don't like it when it happens to me," I said.

"Oh. Well, either way, thanks," she smiled.

I smiled back and before we were able to talk anymore, Mr. Wilson was back. 

After an uneventful remainder of the class. It was finally lunch. I walked in and spotted Johnny, Ponyboy and Two-Bit. I went over to their table, getting some looks from other students. I sat down next to Johnny. Two and Pony were on the opposite side of the table.

"You're not gonna eat?" Two asked.

"Nope, I'm not really hungry," I said.

"So how're you liking it so far?" Johnny asked.

"Eh, it's alright. I mean everyone practically hates me already but it's whatever. I'm in a class with that girl that was at the drive-in, Cherry," I said.

"Cherry Valance?" Pony asked excitedly, as his eyes lit up, "Where did she sit? Did she talk to you? Golly, she sure is pretty, ain't she?"

"Hold on, kid. I can only answer one question at a time," I giggled, "She sat next to me, and yes, we talked a little."

"Really? Why?" he asked, tilting his head to the side like a puppy.

I gasped dramatically, throwing my hands over my heart and throwing my head back. This earned laughter from all three of the guys.

"That's not what I meant," Pony said, rolling his eyes.

"Her bitch friend Gray or something told me to move, so Cherry told her to lay off." I smiled, "Oh and she wanted to know if Dally was my brother."

"Grace? Grace Caldwell?" Two-Bit asked.

"Uhhh yeah, I guess," I said.

"Blonde? Short? Blue eyes? Long hair? Walks around with Cherry and Marcia?" Two asked.

"A real snobby bitch? Yeah, that's her." I said.

"Ahhh. Didn't she use to have a thing for Soda?" he said.

"Hasn't everyone had a thing for Soda?" I giggled.

"Why?" Pony asked.

"Why? Cause he's pretty, that's why," I said, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Do you have a thing for Soda?" Two asked, cocking his eyebrows up and down.

"No," I snorted, starting to laugh.

"Anyways, it was way more than a crush," Johnny butted in, "She was full-blown in love with him. One time I was at the DX with him and she brought in her car for him to take a look at. She tried everything to get his attention; bending down slowly, playing with her gum, flirting, touching his arm, but Soda wouldn't budge."

"That's embarrassing," I said.

We talked for a little longer before I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and looked up at a short girl. She must've been about 5'2 and had jet-black hair that was pulled back into a high ponytail. She wore very heavy and dark eye make-up and wore a small white tank top, black shorts and a black leather jacket.

"You related to Dally Winston?" she asked in an obnoxiously loud voice.

I nodded, and before I knew it, I was covered in water. My mouth hung open in surprise as I sat there trying to process what happened. I stood up, wiped my eyes off and got ready to fight her, but I felt strong arms hold me back. Judging by the height and build, I assumed it was Two-Bit.

"You better count your days, bitch," I said as she walked away.

"Come on, let's get you cleaned up," Two said, dragging me to the restroom.

"Who was that?" I asked angrily.

"Arlene Miller, I think she and Dally went out for a while before he cheated on her," he answered.

"Oh, I am going to kill him," I spoke through gritted teeth.

I walked into the restroom and attempted to dry off a little.

The rest of the school day was boring and consisted of dirty looks from both students and teachers, many of them. Who would've thought a last name would carry so much power over your life? Soon enough, the day was over. I wasn't happy, though, and you could see it on my face. My hair was still slightly damp, but my clothes were all dry. As I walked into the Curtis house, I saw Dally sat on the sofa, while Soda and Steve played cards on the table. 

"Who's got your panties in a twist?" Dally laughed.

"Arlene Miller, does that name ring a bell?" I asked standing in front of him.

"No," Dally answered, shaking his head.

"Short? Jet-black hair? Heavy eye makeup? Really loud and annoying voice?" I asked.

"Oh yeah! You've just narrowed it down to just about every other broad in this damn town," Dally said sarcastically.

"Well, let me refresh your memory! You went out with her, probably treated her like crap, and then cheated on her!" I said enthusiastically, "Then, she heard we were related, so she dumped a bottle of water all over me! Here, let me relay the message!"

I picked up a bottle of water that was on the coffee table and poured it over him. I walked into my room and began to do my homework. Once I was done, I laid on my bed. It wasn't my intention to fall asleep, but I did.