Chapter 108

I open the door.

"Make yourselves at home," I say, letting them in. "Shay, we're back!"

Shay comes out her room and greets Damiano and Victoria.

There's a knock at the door. I walk over to the door and open it, and there Julian stood smiling, holding two cases of beer. I laugh and let him in.

"Damiano, this is Julian, mine and Shays older brother and your cousin also," I say.

"Nice to meet you," Julian says, handing Damiano an open beer. "You want one?"

"Yeah let me get one," I say. He opens it and gives me one. I take a drink.

After a couple hours of the five of us hanging out, Damiano got a text from the band's manager telling him and Vic to come back to the hotel room. So they left and when that door closed, Julian and Shay turned to me and both smiled at me.

"What?" I ask.

"You. Victoria. Perfection," Shay says, smirking.

"What? Hell no, she is way out of my league," I say.

"Hey!" Shay hits me.

"You guys would be so hot together," Julian says. "And the tension in the room when she was here."

Julian whistled and his smile became a larger one. "Thicker than Nicki."

I roll my eyes. "You guys are delusional or drunk or both."

"No you're just oblivious, I didn't have anything to drink," Shay says, ruffling my hair.

"Well we knew you were delusional," I say.

~

I open up my monitor and release a few songs, "powerful", "mine", "that way", "if you want love", and "lush life".

I caption "if you want love" with 'some guidance. love this one' and "lush life" with 'first summer hit of 2021'. Then I caption the other songs with a regular release caption.

Olivia calls me.

"Hey," I say.

"Em, I recorded another song called 'hope ur ok'. I just sent you the track. Listen to it and call me back," she says.

"Alright," I say, hanging up. I listen to the track and by the end of it, I actually had to wipe my eyes of threatening tears.

I call her back.

"Well?"

"I love it," I say. "I actually started tearing."

Olivia laughs and sighs, sounds almost...relieved.

We talked for another hour, writing another song. She titled it "enough for you" and honestly, these lyrics that she's coming up with, they hurt because they're so relatable. But my heart also hurts for Olivia because she loved this guy and he has the audacity to go and break her sweet and kind heart.

I played some chords on my guitar and when she heard something she liked, I recorded it and sent it to her so she can record the full song. She would come over to record the song but she's in Florida right now for some promotional stuff.

We hang up and I decide to call it a night.
~

I get a call from my real estate agent, waking me up. It was around 8 AM.

"Hello?" I say, still pretty much asleep.

"Emilie, its Todd, the loft you sent me, you probably want to come check it out yourself. It's a good investment," he tells me.