Chapter 4: An Awkward Encounter

Violetta sat at the dining table as Diego served her food. "What's wrong?" He asks in a concern tone. "Nothing,' she lies "I just didn't sleep well." Diego hesistates for a moment before sitting down. He deeply sighs and takes her hand. "Vilu," he says, "is there something you're not telling me?" Violetta slowly nods as she avoids eye contact with him.

"Hey, man," Andres says as he stares at Leon lying in bed, "You've gotta get up we need to go to the studio" Leon groans and pulls the blanket over his head. Andres rolls his eyes and drags the blanket off of the bed. "You can't stay in this bed forever!" He says. Leon grumpily sits up and runs his fingers through his messy hair. "I don't want to go to the studio," he sighs, "What if Violetta is going to be there?". Andres stares at him for a moment before responding, "You can't just avoid her forever, Leon"

Leon paced back and forward throughout the studio waiting for Violetta to arrive. He had no idea what he was going to say to her. Suddenly he sees Emma run through the door laughing and running shouting "Catch me if you can, Diego!" The name she shouts makes the hair on the back of Leon's neck raise. He quickly turns around so Diego won't notice him but it was no use. "Leon!" Diego shouts. Leon gulps and turns on his heel to face Diego as he approaches him. Just looking at Diego made Leon feel sick to his stomach. He felt jealous of Diego, though he wish he didn't. "I had no idea you were back!" He says with a smile, "Violetta only just told me this morning." Leon's jaw tightened, even hearing Diego say Violetta's made him insanely jealous. "Well," Leon says, "I see you've been keeping busy"

Diego nodded proudly, "I have," he says, "Me and Vilu are getting married soon" Leon awkardly nods as he says "I know, she told me".

There's a long moment of silence. "It's so weird to think that you two used to date" Diego says, breaking the silence, "Now you're just an old memory to her". Leon bites his bottom lip as hard as he possibly can. He feels as though Diego had just kicked him in the gut.

"Diego, let's go!" Emma shouts from across the hall. Diego grins at Leon and pats him on the shoulder before leaving to follow Emma. Leon stares on. "That could've been me" he whispers.