The Cursed Letters

Michael woke up quite early this morning for, he needed to get some important school assignments done.

Following his routine, he checked his mailbox, situated outside his apartment, for the day's newspaper and any new mails.

He discovered three letters with the newspaper, one was a letter from his beloved sister living in as of now. The second one was the electricity bill, which he mentally made a note to pay later that day or tomorrow at the most. The third one however was 'strange', for the young brunette.

It was a blank pure white envelope, without a name, without an address, without even a bloody stamp.

'Which means that someone took the trouble of putting this into my mail, for the sake of remaining anonymous. Heh. Almost like a murder novel.' Pondered the brunette with lively green eyes.

Curiosity was killing him to find out the letter's contents but his conscience said almost knowingly.

"Curiosity killed the cat."

Noah retorted back "But satisfaction brought it back."

"The cat had freaking nine lives now it has eight, you don't get the same privilege~."

'Wow my conscience is an asshole,' thought Michael.

Having enough with his internal bicker, he finally ripped the mysterious envelope open carelessly, to find a paper with neat and cursive handwriting which consisted of a list of dates and names parallel to each other.

Some dates had already passed while others were a few days away.

Perplexed, he turned the page around in hopes of finding some more insight into this mystery. And sure enough, at the bottom right corner of the pure white paper, there was that same neat cursive and quite beautiful handwriting.

"Tell Anyone And You Will Pay The Price", Michael read out loud.

For a moment, his face went blank. Initially, the five feet and eleven inches tall guy wanted to regard this as a stupid prank and forget about this, so he could proceed with his work but somehow, it seemed, like an external force was forcing things to reckon upon the letter resting in his hand.

His mind diverted back to the names on the other side of the page. Michael, living in the twenty-first century, did the most logical thing and searched the same names on Google.

To say he was shocked, would be an understatement. You see, Michael was the kind of guy, who was always remained optimistic in every situation, and tried his best to stay away from sad topics, given that he didn't handle those well.

All the five people with names on the upper half of the paper had died at the same dates as written in the paper in front of him. Each had been written murdered, brutally. Stabbed, burnt, beaten to death, shot multiple times, these were the only ones Michael could even say, the others being way too horrifying and disturbing for the male. The task force currently working on the case reported that they had yet to find a link between the victims except for the dates they murdered.

5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 5, 10, 15...

"Alright, someone probably just took the names of victims murdered by some crazy guy to prank me, that's it!" He tried to reassure himself but instantly started having second thoughts about his assumption.