Bad Day Part Two

It started with the door slamming and she jumped up, racing to the window, praying it wasn't David.

Please, fuck no. They're supposed to be gone until tomorrow afternoon! My time, my pot-

She heard the roar of a school bus, and it pulled her from her sadness. School bus must mean Max, but that begged the question, what was she doing here and how did she get in the house so quickly and why was she stomping-

The door opened, and behold , Maxine Caulfield appeared, quickly slamming the door with her back to Chloe. She stood frozen, as she tried to think of something to say but Max preceded to hit her head quite hard on the door, repeating the action.

"Dude what the fuck? You're gonna hurt yourself-"

The photographer shrugged off her bag, flailing with the straps for a second before it fell on the floor, spilling books and papers. Max shooed it off to the side with her foot, grumbling. Next, she unzipped her trusty hoodie and it too joined the abandoned book bag.

And she just stood there. Head propped on the door, body leaning. Chloe took a step, realizing she should put out her blunt before trying to comfort her girlfriend. So she hurled it in the ashtray, but Max was already heading towards her bed, throwing herself on top of it like she was her own blanket. Face down, little blue jeans ruffled around her legs and hips, hair a mess.

Did someone die?

"Alright then...um, hello?" She greeted, feeling almost naked in her shirts and tank."Max? Speak to me-" She took her own seat. A minute passed with no response, just soft breaths from the girl beside her. She started rubbing up and down her back, scratching her shoulders. She relaxed a bit, finally finally turning to peer up at Chloe. She huffed.

"I'm failing English."

"You're... failing..oh ok."

"It is not ok."

"Well shit I thought you like, cooked up another timeline I never know?!" She threw her hands up, smile playful and Max actually rolled her eyes and moved to sit up. Chloe had other plans.

So, she collapsed on top of the brunette after heaving a leg around her hips to trap her, grabbed her wrists and tucked them under her chest and pushed her down, covering her. Max didn't struggle, just let out a surprised huff, they both rose and fell with the force of it.

"Can you save some air for me?"

"Can you do my English paper in two hours?"

"No."

"Then hell no. The air is all mine."

Chloe laughed, gently, seeing and feeling Max hold hers in. She furrowed her brows, leaning to be face to face until she could kiss a flushed cheek."Look I'm sorry I just didn't know what was going on. You kinda scared me, I didn't know you were coming over. Not that you aren't welcome, uh, I just-"

"You can stop now if you need."

"I will thank you." She swallowed thickly. I mean, having Max here was never bad. Having Max under her was never a bad thing, oh never.

Slow it, can it, Shutup. She's upset, help her.

"How bad are we talking here?"

"Much bad. Very disgrace. Such shame." She responded, and she rolled. Chloe let her move, only until she was on her back and then she took her spot atop her hips. Max sighed, scratching her neck softly and peering off to the side."I just don't get it you know? After so many years of alternate learning I still don't get a lot of stuff. I feel defeated."