Chapter 2: Bucky Says Hi & Peter Dies

"Thanks, Mr Happy!"

"See ya, kid."

Peter grinned slightly as the black sedan sped off and left a trail of dust in its wake.

Sighing with a smile, he gripped the straps of his backpack as the majestic doors of Stark Industries swung open, permitting him to enter.

As Peter stepped inside, a strong blast of AC hit his face and the loud chatter of the people inside bustling about surrounded him.

"Hey, Baby-Stark!"

"Hello, Mini-Boss!"

He smiled slightly, giving small waves and soft "hello"s as he walked past the other employees of Stark Industries.

Yeah- because Peter was always seen practically joined at the hip with Tony Stark, he was officially deemed "the son of Stark" in everyone's eyes.

Peter was like a hyper ball of energy, spreading positivity and motivation anywhere he went. It was no wonder everyone in the tower adored him.

Finally reaching the security gates to the elevators, Peter gave small wave to the new receptionist, Reeds, who gladly gave an enthusiastic wave back.

"Heya, Mr Reeds! How's the first week holding up for you?" Peter questioned, beaming at the adult who only looked several years older than himself.

"For the last time, Mini-Stark, it's Reeds- drop the Mr, will ya?" Reeds joked, rolling his eyes slightly.

"If you stop calling me Mini-Stark."

"I'll stop if you stop calling me Mr Reeds."

"Nevahhh!!" was Peter's completely mature reply as he stuck a tongue out at Reeds before bounding towards the security scanner which contained FRIDAY- the AI Mr Stark had so lovingly and painstakingly developed.

Reeds shook his head before turning back to his desk, chuckling under his breath.

Peter hopped onto the foot paddings on the ground, allowing FRIDAY to scan his face in a matter of seconds.

"Hello, Petey-Pie. Welcome back from school. It's nice to see you again. Would you like me to alert your family of your presence?" A disembodied female voice rang out, making Reeds jump a little and Peter to giggle under his breath.

"Hi, FRI. It's nice to see you too! And yeah, sure, why not." Peter replied, flashing a smile at the AI's warm tone.

"Man, I'll never get used to her." Reeds remarked, shaking his head.

"Good luck with that, she's everywhereee.." Peter taunted, pretending to look around in paranoia, all the while waving his arms around wildly.

"I'll take that as a compliment, Peter." Came FRIDAY's smooth voice once again, causing Reeds to jump once more and Peter to barrel down in uncontrollable laughter.

"Shut up, Baby-Boss." Reeds glared playfully, as Peter doubled over and slapped his knee mid-laugh.

"Y'should probably go now before your fam tears down the tower looking for you." Reeds jerked his thumb towards the elevators, rolling his eyes once more fondly.

"Yeah, yeah. See you around, Mr Reeds!" Peter responded, skipping towards to the elevators as he pulled a face towards said man one final time.

"I sure hope not!" Reeds snickered, resulting in a playful glare from the teen.

Slipping into the private elevators, his volume dropped considerably, reducing to a mumble, still a little shy to speak to the AI all alone. "U-uhm. FRI, can you take me to the common room, please?"