45 | Celebrating family

Shallou & Emmit Fenn - All Your Days:
'All my friends keep asking, how do you spend all of your days by her side and I just, I will love her 'til I die'

"Dan, will you please help me pick out something to wear? I feel like the ugliest person on the planet right now!" Emilia yelled from Daniel's walk-in closet where she had thrown all of her dresses on the floor while trying them on. She had brought a few options, knowing they would be celebrating Christmas at Daniel's parents' house but none of them seemed to make her feel even a little bit prettier. Daniel walked in and let out a chuckle when he spotted his girlfriend on top of the pile of clothes on the floor and he offered his hands to help her get up. He nuzzled his face in her neck and held her for a while which made Emilia relax in his arms. "You'll never be the ugliest, babe". He whispered in her ear.

They had exchanged their Christmas presents that morning and Emilia still couldn't believe how much he had spoiled her. Daniel bought her a new Dior handbag and a few jewellery pieces, some candles and the book she had been dying to read. And even though she loved every single one of those things, the key he gave her last night was still her favourite. Emilia had given Daniel some new workout clothes, a new cologne and a leather bracelet with their initials carved into it but she was certain his favourite gift was the little baby growing inside of her belly. Still holding onto her boyfriend, Emilia slowly pulled away and kissed his cheek before she held up a few dresses for him to choose from, not really bothered to pick one herself anymore.

"I'm sure you'll look stunning in both, but I love the red one, it feels more festive". Emilia nodded and started clearing away the rest of the clothes before she finally got dressed in her Christmas Day outfit. Daniel had chosen a burgundy red dress, which was very formfitting so luckily Emilia wasn't showing off her pregnancy just yet. She started her makeup and chose to do a bronze eye and a dark red lip to match her dress. Emilia was curling her hair when she noticed her two best friends enter her bathroom, both of them looking stunning in their dresses. The six of them were all heading over to Daniel's parents and Michael's parents would be there also so it would be an exciting night. "How are you feeling, Mil? Excited to share the news?" Gia asked and Emilia nodded.

Daniel had been so hyped to tell his parents and his enthusiasm had rubbed off on her. Emilia was a little sad that she wasn't able to see her own parents for Christmas this year but they had FaceTimed them earlier and told them the news already. Her mom had screamed down the phone, so excited to get another grandchild as her brother already had two kids. Her dad was a little quieter, but she could see in his eyes that he was so happy for her. "Yeah, I'm really excited. Daniel has told me that he expects his mom to cry, so we'll see". Emilia giggled while she sprayed some hairspray in her hair. The three of them took some pictures in the bathroom mirror before they went downstairs to check on the boys.

Daniel's mouth dropped when he spotted his girlfriend walk towards him and he placed his phone on the table before taking her in his arms. "You look amazing, Mil. I'm so happy to be able to spend Christmas with you". He said before he gently kissed her cheek, not wanting to ruin the gorgeous red lipstick on her lips. Daniel had felt so sorry for her this past week, seeing her in bed all the time, throwing up and feeling like crap and he knew she was the strongest woman he had ever met when he saw her walk towards him like this right now as if nothing was going on. He was so proud. Proud to call her his girlfriend, proud that she was carrying his baby and even more proud to take her to his parents' house to tell them about it right now.

The six of them took some photos together in front of the Christmas tree in Daniel's living room and Emilia smiled when she felt Daniel put his hands on her belly while they were posing. Soon it was time to go and Emilia drove with her boyfriend and Nick while Isabel joined Michael and Gia in their car. The drive was about half an hour long but it went by pretty quick because of all the stories the boys were telling her about the city they were driving through. "And this.. Is the house I grew up in". Daniel said when he pulled up on the driveway. The others parked right behind them and Emilia looked around for a while when she got out of the car. Daniel grabbed the presents out of the boot of his car and slid his fingers through hers before they walked towards the door.