18

(っ◔︣◡◔᷅)っ ♡

𝘴𝘢𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘥𝘢𝘺
𝟺:𝟹𝟿 ᴘᴍ

❧ The conversation at the table was still being led on while you and Connie wasn't paying much attention to it but instead making eye contact with one another.

You only flickered your eyes away from Connie for just a second so you could pick up your fries until you felt his foot brushing up against your leg to get your attention.

"I'm gonna go up to them," Connie mouthed almost inaudibly as he wiggled his perfectly shaped bushes eyebrows. You furrowed your eyebrows and finished chewing before mouthing back, "Wait, right now?" you asked. Connie only answered with a nod and a smile on his face.

Connie slightly rose up from his seat to grab a napkin to help clean off the salt from your fingers. Connie gently tugged your hand to indicate that you needed to get up with him, you did exactly that.

"Y/n and I'll be back," Connie spoke out as he looked at everyone else at the table who were too deep in their conversation to even realize that Connie was speaking. You giggled at Connie who was rolling his eyes as you pulled down on your skirt.

"You think they'll recognize us?" you looked up at Connie who was fixing his beanie on his head while walking beside you.

"I mean, they'll recognize me for sure," Connie chuckled as he motioned his hand across his face to show off his looks, "I've had the same hairstyle for years now."

"And the same baby face," you added on while having a cheesy smile on your face. Connie snorted but also felt his cheeks heat up from you thinking that he had a baby face.

You later hummed quietly to agree that Connie did look recognizable, besides his height standing out, "And for you? They probably won't," Connie blurted out while gazing down at you.

"Why?"

"You just got prettier, unrecognizable in a good way," Connie flashed a smile at you with his fingers crawling up your shoulder before hooking his arm around you. Your cheeks warmed up with your eyes rolling back as you grew only a bit bashful from his comment.

"Thank you," you whispered to thank him for his compliment, but clearly wasn't loud enough for him to hear. You fixed your septum piercing as you began to approach the people that you've seen.

Connie cleared his throat as if he was about to speak but no words came out. He just exhaled deeply and looked at you, hoping to get ideas from you on what to say. You only shrugged, you were already somebody that didn't really know how to approach someone.

You weren't even sure on how you'll keep up the conversation, maybe you'll just let Connie do the talking- "Excuse me, sorry to bother y'all," you heard Connie speak. The three teens all turned their heads to look at Connie with no type of reaction on their faces.

You didn't know where or what to keep your eyes on so you just kept them down at your shoes, moving closer to Connie while stuffing your hand in his back pocket, feeling the three people's eyes on you.

Connie rubbed your shoulder already knowing that you might feel your nerves jumping from all the stares, "Did y'all go to the Kennedy for Middle School?" Connie asked the two since he wasn't sure if he knew the third girl.

One of the girls that had the long red locs was tapping her chin, trying to remember where she last heard that school name from until Connie noticed her eyes slowly widening.

"Kylo," the girl with the locs hit the boy's chest, not even minding the wincing noises that came out of his mouth.

"What Rae? I'm tryna think," Kylo grumbled while rubbing his chest, one eye squinting more than the other as he did so.