Megumi Fushiguro | Lemon

Warning: Spoilers for the end of the Shibuya Arc in the Manga. Do not read if you don't want to be spoiled.

I'm still working on my characterizations.

Up Next: Yuuji Itadori/Sukuna or Gojo Satoru (still deciding)

---

Silence has a sound. You didn't think anyone would believe, comprehend the fact that what you always said was true. They'd chalk it up to being something related to your cursed technique until now when Jujutsu tech is blanketed with it, drenched in unbearable silence.

Nanami-san is gone, taken from you all far too soon in a job he didn't even truly want. Yuuji couldn't return to school due to the corrupt nature of the world he was dragged into, the same world that makes it near impossible for your teacher to return. Maki is burned, face scarred with the trail of the flames that had flickered across her skin, a reminder of her failure that'll forever mark her. Panda immediately went back out on an important assignment near what little remains of Shibuya. Inumaki has been quiet ever since he lost his arm. You miss the sound of his voice like a cracked record singing the same few lyrics on repeat. And Nobara...there isn't even a heartbeat to reassure you that you'd ever hear her screaming breaking through the dorms in the early morning as she plucked and pruned until she was a gorgeous as a porcelain doll. Megumi still hasn't returned to school, and you weren't sure if he would. It all culminates in a light buzzing in your ear, deafened by the quiet that the only thing left to hear is the blood humming in your skull.

You didn't understand how this happened. You all worked so hard, trained until your muscles tore and your bones ached only for it all to disappear in a single night. You should have been better, been able to protect your friends better.

"(Name)." You stopped in your tracks, like a good student at the sound of Gojo's voice.

"Yes, sensei?"

"I heard you rejected your promotion recommendation...again," he said. He didn't sound angry at the fact, more confused than anything. "With your talent, you could easily be promoted to 1st grade, maybe even special grade by the end of the year. I understand dealing with the higher-ups can be a pain, but it never hurts to make a lot of fame and money young."

You thought he'd say something like that, and he was right. The pay was tempting, the chance to travel, tempting. But if you accepted that promotion...

You smiled. "You're starting to sound like Mei-san, sensei. I know I was blessed with a good technique and energy levels, and I'm lucky to have been trained by the clan leader all my life, but I still feel like there's too much for me to learn before I'm ready for any kind of promotion."

That's what you told him, but the truth was that as a 1st grade you would have been separated from your friends for many of your missions. They wasted no time shipping Yuuta to Africa, not caring about the rest of his classmates. Even without Yuuta, Inumaki, Maki, and Panda had each other to rely on, a luxury that the first years lacked.

You and Megumi only had each other for so long.

Megumi was always prone to getting hurt ever since day one, and you were always slightly ahead of him. How were you supposed to protect him if the two of you were separated?

Gojo laughed. "I get it, you don't want to be separated from my tutelage."

"I knew you'd understand," you said, attempting to leave the conversation before you're stopped by his next words.

"He's gotten a lot stronger. Yuuji is with him now, and we'll be picking up the next first-year soon, so he won't be alone. I know you care for him, but you don't have to worry so much."