62

make your bed and lie in it

"I THOUGHT WE HAD A DEAL, KATHERINE," Athena stands before the doppelgänger, a glare on her face as she takes in the bloody woman. "I got Klaus to let you go compulsion-free and you never showed your face here again, or pulled any of your scheming bullshit with any of us. So what the hell are you doing here? What happened to you?"

Katherine huffs, blowing a stray curl off of her face as she pulls against the binds on her wrists. "Untie me and I'll tell you,"

"No,"

"Fine," Katherine rolls her eyes, shifting her gaze to Stefan with a smirk. "Long time no see, Stefan. How have you been?"

The vampire rolls his eyes, an amused smirk on his face. "Nice try. Tell us why you woke Mikael up. Tell us how you knew about him in the first place,"

"God," She groans, the sound echoing in the living room of the boarding house as everyone glares expectantly at her. "When did you all get so boring?"

Rebekah scoffs, stepping towards the doppelgänger. "Perhaps when you woke my father up and sent him to come and kill us all,"

"In my defense, I didn't know he was your father. I'd just heard rumors about a vampire who hunts vampires, and besides, you killed him once, can't you just do it again? You have a goddess this time around, it should be easy."

"It nearly killed us to kill him, you stupid girl," Rebekah spits, glaring down at the woman who just smirks relentlessly. "You have signed our lives away because you just don't know when to leave well enough alone."

Athena clears her throat, looking at Katherine confusedly. "Why did you even want to find Mikael? None of us were in Mystic Falls, you had no idea where we were. How would you even know where to send him?"

Katherine swallows, looking away from the goddess. "I knew where you were,"

"Liar," Damon narrows his eyes at her, crossing his arms over his chest. "Try again."

"I'm telling the truth!"

Athena sighs, pinching the bridge of her nose exasperatedly. "Katherine, I have been back in Mystic Falls for all of twenty-four hours and somehow, you are already the bane of my existence again. So why don't you just stop wasting everybody's time and tell us the truth."

Katherine grits her teeth, her eyes hard and defensive. "I am telling the truth. If I sent Mikael after you guys, he'd take care of any threat against me and I could finally stop running all the time."

"Okay, well, if you don't tell us why you actually went and found him, I'll just kill you now. Then you won't have to run ever again," Athena smiles, overtly sweet and entirely threatening. "Because you'll be dead."