𝖯𝖺𝗋𝗍 3 ~ 𝙈𝙤𝙧𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜

~ Y/n's pov ~

Second in command. Second in command?

I was sat in my new bedroom on the train, still trying to process what had happened. Why? That was the very first time we'd met, and she trusted me with the most senior role next to her's?

And besides, her last second in command was her fiance, wait, did that mean... No. No, no, no. I needed sleep. I lay down on my bed, my head whirring around at a million miles an hour.

~ Kuvira's pov ~

Perhaps it was a bit sudden, promoting
Y/n so quickly. But I knew- I just knew as soon as I set my eyes on her there was something... different about her. I just knew.

Anyway, I needed someone to fill the job after Bataar's departure. If I'm being honest, I wasn't that upset. He was more of a brother to me, although he didn't always act like it.

Besides, I was sure Y/n would be far better at the role...

~ Y/n's pov ~

I slowly opened my eyes to the sound of knocking on my door.

"Who is it?" I mumbled, still half asleep.

"It's, Zhu Li," I heard her whisper, "I'm coming in". I sat up wiping the sleep from my eyes, remembering where I was.

"Hey, Zhu Li. Sorry- I'm not always a morning person" I said sitting up in bed. How was she already up and dressed? It was so early.

"Everyone's saying that you're Kuvira's new second in command, is thattrue?" She asked, sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Yeah, I can't believe it. We just spoke for a few minutes and then she just- gave me the job! Is that... normal for her?" I asked.

"No," she looked surprised, "she doesn't usually just go making decisions so quickly. That's really wierd".

"Hmmm. I mean, we had a pretty normal talk. I told her about how I used to be a Kyoshi Warrior, she came... very close to me. Like, right up to my face. But appart from that, nothing too out of the ordinary".

"Invading people's personal space is a habit of hers, although she doesn't usually come as close as you described... And wow, you were a Kyoshi Warrior! You'll have to tell me about that sometime. But now you better get dressed, there will be be a fresh uniform in your wardrobe, once you're ready, come to the meeting room two cars down for breakfast. And there's an alarm clock in your draw, I'd recommend setting it for 6:00 tomorrow, breakfast is at 6:30. I'll see you in a minute" she said and then left.

I quickly put on my uniform and tied back my hair. Did I look presentable enough to be The Great Uniter's second in command? I hoped so.

♡ 472 words ♡