( two )

'GOOD GRIEF

'GOOD GRIEF. HOW did i get into this situation?'

y/n was faced in front of the judge with two opposing parties who were debating for who knows what.

her arms were first restrained to the floor, then her body was wrapped around numerous chains, and the most frightening of all; they had taken away y/n's geranium ring.

the judge, who y/n now knows as darius zackly through thoughts, tapped his mallet twice before speaking.

"today we are gathered, once again, for the custody of..."

he paused and urged y/n to state her name.

'good greif.'

"y/n saiki."

"for the custody of y/n saiki. garrison regiment, please state your proposal and why you would like to put this proposal into action."

the nominated speaker stood from his seat and began is proposal. "we the garrison regiment propose that we execute y/n saiki as soon as possible. we propose we put this into action because many of my comrades and i have witnessed this in humane power that she possesses in action. she could be feigning innocence only to betray us. not only that, this power she has, is incomparable to eren jaeger's. while his power is related greatly to the threats beyond the walls, her power is very closely related to witchcraft which is very frowned upon. due to these circumstances, we should have her executed for witchcraft immediately."

judge zackly hit his mallet once again and turned to the opposing party.

"for the custody of y/n saiki, scout regiment, please state your proposal and why you would like to put this proposal into action."

the blond blue-eyed man who y/n made eye contact with from before stood up tall and firm.

"the scout regiment proposes that y/n saiki is to be spared and put into the scout regiment. we propose that we should put this into action because having y/n saiki along with eren jaeger would be an important asset to our forces. i will not deny that y/n was seen petrifying titans with an in humane power, but this power could affect the outcomes of slaying titans and could reduce the number of deaths exponentially."

"PREPOSTEROUS!" the section commander for the garrison regiment rebutted. "she is clearly tied in with witchcraft and we have executed many other women for the very same reasoning. so why are we hesitating on her?"

the scout regiment was quick to counter argue. "we have executed other women for witchcraft because they were affecting other civilians and caused problems. y/n, however, was seen protecting humanity from the titans. she was willing fighting and risking her life which is exactly what the scout regiment does to protect humanity."

judge zachary raised a hand to pause all exchanges and looked down on the woman in front of him. "y/n saiki. plead as to why you should be spared your life."

'good grief.'

y/n's head was throbbing with a headache as she had to sit through this whole exchange and listen to thoughts from everyone in the courtroom.

'well i don't want to die... yet. and if i change everyone's memories, things could drastically change in the present. so i'll plead my case.'

"i propose i get to live because i could benefit the scout regiment greatly."

multiple eyes narrowed, signaling her to continue.

"i would like to put out that i have never once practiced witchcraft ever. these powers i showcased is something i inherited from birth."

multiple gasps and shouts of protests echoed through the courtroom.

"WHAT TOMFOOLERY."

shouts of frustration continued to be spewed from the garrison regiment before the judge tapped his mallet. "are there any other powers you possess? i remind you this is a jury trial. any and all lies will result in execution."

'if i lie anyway and say no, it'll backfire on me in the long run. good grief. looks like i have to tell the truth.'

"no. i also possess: telepathy, teleportation, telekinesis, levitation, x-ray vision, clairvoyance, astral projection, pyrokinesis, mind control, psychometrics, invisibility, time travel, and the ability to import objects for other objects of equal value."

to say everyone in the room was stunned and rendered speechless was an understatement. everyone including the scout regiment was shocked.

"are we supposed to believe this mockery?!" the garrison regiment positioned their guns and were ready to fire.

zachary looked intensely at the woman in front of him who showed absolute no sign of fear. if she were lying, she would clearly be afraid of the many firearms that were being aimed at her.

heaving a sigh, zachary tapped his mallet again, gaining the attention of everyone.

"i give custody of y/n saiki to... the scout regiment. all decisions are final. lower the weapons."