Chapter 2

Thursday, March 15
              Dear Diary,
   Ever since Sebastian told us about the master's threat, Finny has seemed so sad. He hasn't left the garden this morning, even now he's just sitting quietly on a bench. I'm growing more and more worried by the hour.
                                                 -Mey-Rin

Mey-Rin sighed as she slid her diary back under her pillow. She stuffed her hands in her pockets, walking up the stairs to check on her friend.
Finnian sat alone in the garden, his head resting on his elbow. He sighed deeply, troubled by the thought of leaving the manor for good. Where would he go? He never had a real home, only the laboratory where they cruelly experimented on him and the other kids.
"Finny......"
Mey-Rin stood above him. She had taken her glasses off, her eyes full of concern. She crouched in front of him, smiling pitifully at him.
"Are you alright? You've been sitting like that since this morning."
"Oh? I'm alright Mey-Rin, I'm just worried."
     " About our jobs?" Mey-Rin asked, taking a seat next to him. "I'm worried as well, we've had so many good memories here."
     "Yeah....."
     "Well, we should prepare for the guests."
"Go on in without me, I just need a few more minuets."
Mey-Rin nodded uncertainly. She stood up, brushing the bits of dirt off her dress. She waved to Finny before returning to her duties.
Finny looked around, alone once again. He picked himself up from the bench and began to walk away from the manor, into the garden. He found Pluto, chasing after a small, yellow butterfly in his human form. He giggled, watching the demon dog roll and trip and tumble.
"It's been a while, Finny."
Finny looked up, shocked. "Angela! You came to visit!"
     "Mhm! It's very good to see you. D-do you think your master would let me stay a few days?" Angela asked.
     "Of course! We're expecting other guests today anyway, I'm sure he won't mind."
     "Thank you! Mind helping me get my luggage from the carriage? It's very heavy."
    "S-sure."

......................................

     "Finny!" Mey-Rin called out into the garden.
Finny hadn't returned to the manor, and the guests would arrive any minute.
     "Mey-Rin, the guests have arrived. Please go greet them in the hall." Sebastian commanded, placing his hand on her shoulder.
     Mey-Rin blushed at Sebastian's action. She bolted from the room, her hands covering her face.
CRASH
     Mey-Rin sat up, looking over at Bardroy, who was sprawled out on the ground next to her. The metal tray he had been holding fell next to him.
"Watch where yer' going Rin!" Bard laughed as he sat up.
     "Sorry!" She chuckled, putting her fallen glasses back on. She stood up and began running again, afraid she would be late.
     ..............................
     "Good work everyone." Sebastian praised. "The young lord is pleased with your work today, you may retire for tonight."
Bardroy turned to Mey-Rin. "Have you seen Finny?"
"Not since earlier before the guests arrived. He may still be in the garden. I'll go look for him."
    Bardroy nodded and sauntered downstairs. Mey-Rin turned and sprinted to the garden, but Finny wasn't there. A piece of paper rested on the bench where he was before.
Dear Residents of the Phantomhive Manor,
I found your gardener looking rather blue, so I took him with me to help him out. Don't worry, he will be much better soon, once he is pure.
-Anonymous