pool

y/n pov 

i walk into the familiar setting of the pool at my apartment complex, which i have been swimming in for as long as i can remember. the fresh summer breeze blows my curls out of my face as i locate my family's cabana. 

as i'm walking, i spot one of my friends that i swim with every summer. we catch up a bit before deciding to start our swimming. 

we arrive to the edge of the pool, dipping our feet in to test the water and giggling about its freezing temperature. eventually, we are completely soaked in the chlorine water, frolicking around while trying to gain back our water tricks from our 10 month long pool break. 

i plunge out of the water, wiping water off my face to see a familiar face. Vincent Hacker. Every year, we kinda-sorta hang out, but there's one issue. we bicker a lot. i think it's fun, and although i wouldn't admit it to anyone else, i like it. 

i hold back a smile, keeping up our hatred act. "well, hello, vincent." I say. 

"hello, to you to, y/n." he says in the same manner. 

*3 hours later*

As usual, our pool friend group had reunited and we were all still enjoying the water. I noticed that Vinnie was a lot closer and more friendly with me this year. I didn't mind, of course, because over the years i've figured out i may have a tiny crush on him. so, this excited me and i returned the energy. 

finally, we decided to take a break from the pool, and as we were walking to get a snack, an old lady, who happened to be on of my neighbors stopped Vincent and I. 

"Sorry, but I couldn't help but notice you two. I can just tell, the bond you have is special. Never let go of that. Great couple, you two are." She beamed, and suddenly walked away before either of us could say anything in response. 

we slowly looked at each other, making awkward eye contact. eventually, we join our group again continue the day. 

author's note.

so i know this is ass but i was planning on quitting but i want to start writing again this fall when i'm settled into school so i just want to dust up on my wattpad writing a bit.