9. Pregnancy

Songs:

🎧peace, Taylor Swift

🎧mother, Kacey Musgraves

You were sitting on the bathroom floor with your face in your palms. Your heart beat loudly in your chest and you sobbed tears of happiness into your hands. You and Levi had been trying to have a child for years, when you first got married it was something that didn't interest either of you, but one night Levi told you he couldn't see his life without having children in it and you agreed. You tried for years, but to no avail until now.

An hour earlier

You stepped into Hanjis study, the room was stacked full of books and strange specimens in jars decorating every surface. Hanji had you sit down on a chair.

They stood in front of you and flipped through their book with a furrowed expression painted on their face. They closed the book and smiled at you.

"After all of the experim- I mean tests, I have concluded that.. you're totally pregnant!" They cheered

You heart felt like it flew, you immediately sat up and screamed, wrapping Hanji in a hug. They hugged you back tightly. You couldn't hold back, you started to cry happy tears.

"You've been trying for so long, congratulations y/n" Hanji said, clapping their hands.

The walk back to you and Levi's home was long, you felt so shaky and nervous. Of course you were elated, but also terrified. Motherhood was so foreign to you and you were nervous about how it would look. You couldn't wait until Levi returned from the scouting mission so you could break the news.

Back to present time

You wiped away your tears and looked into the mirror, feeling overwhelmed to say the least. You heard a sound from the living room.

"I'm home" you heard Levi's muffled voice say "y/n?" He called

You were shaking so bad that you couldn't get yourself to speak.

He opened the bathroom and stopped in his tracks, staring at your shaking and crying form.   He immediately knelt down, his face riddled with worry. He touched your face with his palm.

"Hey hey hey, look at me. What's wrong?" He said in his deep calming voice

"Nothings wrong" you said choking on your words

"Why are you crying?" He asked "who do I need to hurt?"

You smiled gently and hugged him around his shoulders. You gently whispered into his soft hair.

"We're going to have a baby"

He pulled back from you, his eyes grew wide and his breath stopped. His eyes glistened into yours and His mouth curved into the happiest smile you had ever seen, you smiled back at him. He kissed you, then he kissed you again. He just kept kissing you getting his spit all over your face.

"I'm going to be a father" he giggled into your lips

He hugged you tightly and you clung to his strong comforting arms, you felt his tears fall on your shoulder. He then stood up, picked you up and swirled you around. You immediately quit being nervous, Levi would always be there for you. You could always trust him and feel safe by his side. Everything will be okay if you stay with him.

••••
2 months later

Your pregnancy was going surprisingly smoothly so far, you baby bump was small, but definitely there. You and Levi hadn't told anyone besides Hanji, not exactly knowing how to break the news, but you knew some people were suspicious after you took a leave from scouting.