𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 : 𝟷𝟽

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ ♬♩♪♩  ♩♪♩♬ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

𝚜𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛

𝚁𝙾𝙻𝙰𝙽𝙳 𝙵𝙰𝚄𝙽𝚃𝙴 - 𝙷𝙰𝙽𝙳 𝙾𝚅𝙴𝚁 𝙷𝙰𝙽𝙳

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ ♬♩♪♩  ♩♪♩♬ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

"𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒘𝒂𝒓𝒎𝒕𝒉

𝒃𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒉 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒔

𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒊 𝒉𝒂𝒅 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒘𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒉𝒂𝒅 𝒆𝒂𝒄𝒉 𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓."

THOMAS WAS ALREADY GONE by the time she woke up from her slumber. She immediately felt the hammering of her head as if someone was sinking thousands of nails on it, the awful aching of her entire body didn't help either. A series of loud groans escaped her throat as she scrambled her way out of the bed, the thick blanket slipping off of her nakedness. Mercy took notice of the lavender summer dress hanging on the opened wardrobe of Thomas, it seemed like he prepared for this day to come.

"Oh Thomas, you fool. I'm still mad at you, though..." she muttered but there was a smile on her lips before heading inside the bathroom. Once she freshened up a bit, the sun was slowly peeking its way to the sky yet it looked like it would rain any hour from now on.

Mercy went to the kitchen to make breakfast for everyone, she was sure that the family would be up in a matter of minutes. Soledad slept over at John's, together with Katie and her youngest sister, Corinne. Initially, Ada had intended to head back to London but Mercy successfully coaxed her to stay the night. Polly, on the other hand, was still out of the house. The matriarch Shelby found herself good company the previous night despite her foul mood.

As she was about to start, Mercy heard multiple knocks on the front door. She wiped her hands on her apron and grabbed the nearest knife she could find before stepping towards the door, her face wrinkled. Any rational person from Small Heath would never do something reckless with the Shelby family unless the person behind the door was neither sane nor from Small Heath. It wouldn't hurt to be extra cautious with the fact that the person could be one of the Peaky Blinders' enemies and in the worst-case scenario, it could be Darby Sabini in the flesh.

"Who goes there?" she asked flatly, with no hint of nervousness in her voice, but her lower body began to tremble. Her mind was racing with what-if questions.