1-2: its always dream.

i sat at my computer, staring at the purple "starting soon" screen. the page refreshed, changing the title to "Come hang with me and Dream! Speedrunning :)."

i sighed, taking a sip of water before calling phil. he picked up immediately, seeming to be in his streaming room.

"phil," i say immediately, hand over my face. "i fucked up and now shes hanging out with dream." i rambled, making phil sigh loudly and turn off the music he had in the background.

"theres still a chance, wilbur." phil told me, and i squinted my eyes. "theres no way theyre together, they havent even talked for more than one day."

"yeah but now shes gonna ignore me for him, and hang out with him all the time," i said back, obviously fearing the worst.

"wilbur im sorry i have to go, i have to start streaming," phil said quickly and hung up, tired of my bullshit.

"hey chat!" marcelines bubbly voice came out of my speakers as she started her stream. i maximize the tab before full screening the stream.

"today i am here with dream! were speedrunning minecraft despite me being realllly bad at it," she rambled, giggling as dream chuckled. the blush on her face ruined it for me already.

"so first things first, materials, right?" marceline asked dream and punched down a tree. "yep, get good tools, then we go to the nether, then we go find the end portal and beat the dragon!"

i tuned out of the game, staring at marcelines facecam. the blush every time dream spoke, the smile every time she talked to him, the sparkle in her eyes i had never seen before.

goddamnit, im a creep.

----

"hit him marceline!" dream yelled in excitement as marceline hit the last shot on the ender dragon. her face lit up, dusted pink and full of excitement.

"yeah you did it marcie!" dream cheered in excitement. she never let anybody call her that, yet i watched her be okay with this other guy calling her that nickname.

i decided to get up to get food and watch netflix on my television. i put some chicken noodle soup in a bowl, sticking it in the microwave.

my phone started to ring, i picked it up without reading the ID.

"hey will! are you doing alright?" marcelines voice booms out of my speakers, making me jump a bit.

"im doing good marce, whats up?" i answer with a smile, she didnt forget to call me to check up on me like every night.

"i was just checking to see if you were okay and if you wanted anything from five guys since im heading that way?" marceline asked, obviously driving since i could hear the faint machine gun kelly through her radio.

"oh yeah! sure just, what i usually get is fine." i answer, smiling and leaning against the counter. "okay! see you soon will."

-

when she dropped off food she didnt come inside for long, she was probably trying to not let last night happen again. i sighed and ate my five guys before grabbing a peice of paper and a pen to write a song.

i always write songs in immediate panic, whether it be about Marceline or the emotion im feeling.

i decided to start on a song idea from a long time ago. about a teenage boy in love with a girl over the internet who had many simularities to me and marceline.

its 11:32 am
woke up feeling like shit

no, i hate it. i scribbled it out and restarted, getting more into the vibe of writing.

----

"good job marcie!" dream congratulated when i ended stream. "was that your first time beating minecraft?"

"yeah it was," i chuckle, looking at my discord tab for the call and any missed messages during the stream. "i had fun playing with you, we should do it again." dream told me, and i stopped, embarrassed and also happy.

"yeah we should, that was fun," i answer, smiling even more than i was before. me and dream talked for a little while before i decided i was hungry and wanted to go to five guys.

"you want me to call you while im in the car, or wait?" i ask, and dream thinks for a minute. "take me with you," dream said tiredly, obviously just bored.

"okay dream! im going to five guys, and then dropping some off to wilbur because i have to make sure hes eaten," i take my phone and put on my slides, grab my keys, and turn off the light.

"you know you dont have to call be dream marcie," dream told me, basically whispering. "then what do i call you?" i ask, leaving me a flustered mess, knowing that dream is comfortable with me calling him something other than dream.

"call me clay," dream says lowly as i keep focused on the road. "okay clay, thats a nice name." i smile and clay chuckles on the other side.

"i forgot to ask what you what you like to do outside of streaming," clay tells me, wanting me to tell him. "im in a band! i play a lot of music and i like to paint and make art."

"thats cool! whats your band called?" clay asks, probably going to look us up. "BabyGaze! weve been together since we were in middle school," i explain, pulling into the drive thru line.

"ONE MILLION SUBSCRIBERS?!" dream freaked out, making me laugh uncontrollably. "yeah, its accumulated."

"youre cool, and you guys make good music from the clip i just heard," dream explains, and i get all flustered again. "thanks!"

i stop to order, and basically have to lean out of the window to speak into the speaker. dream starts humming on my phone as i pull up to pay and get my food.

dreams still humming away and im basking in the silence. eating my food and turning onto the highway for the 20 minute drive to Wilburs house.

I look over, hearing snoring. I smile and run a hand through my hair.

hes sleeping.

!

act one! part 2!
july 18, 2021