Chapter 76

Harry is sitting in his jail cell. The only thing he can hear are the faint sounds of inmates and the vermin mocking him. He listens closely and hears voices and footsteps. He raises his head up to see a bailiff unlocking the door.

"There's someone here to see you." He grabbed Harry's arm and led him into a small, quiet room and handcuffed his left arm to the chair he made him sit in.

"Hello Harry. How are you holding up?"

"I'm as good as I can be in this place."

"Stay positive."

"I'm doing the best I can in here. Why'd you come here anyway? Am I getting out of here?"

"I've called in a favor with the judge. He has agreed to let you have a hearing tomorrow morning. If everything goes well, you will be remanded into your wife's custody. After that, there will be a set court date. You will show up to it and we will here your sentence."

"Alright. Have you talked to Alaina?"

"Last night."

"How is she?"

"She is managing. She's really worried about you Harry. I told her not to worry."

"That's her one fault. She cares too much. She cares more about others than she does herself. She stresses out over it, to, and it's not good for her. Are you going to call her and tell.her about tomorrow morning?"

"Actually, I have it arranged where you can call her for a moment and tell her the good news. You'll only have a minute, though."

"It's better than nothing."

"I'll get the bailiff so you can call. I'll see in the morning." Harry nodded. The bailiff came into the room and unhandcuffed Harry from the chair. He grabbed his arm and led him to the phone he was to use. He stood by him as Harry called his wife.

"Hello?"

"Alaina? It's Harry. I have good news. My lawyer got me a hearing in the morning. I will hopefully be remanded into your custody until I have to come in for my official court date."

"That's good news. I'll be there in the morning."

"I can't talk much more so I Wil say one last thing. Please don't worry about me and I love you."

"I love you, too, Harry."