19

It was raining cats and dogs.
Not literally, of course.
Yoongi brisk-walked towards the Town Hall. He began wondering why the Devil was so fond of dramatic conditions.

He soon realised that his master was a fan of the perfect entrance, and when it came to the parties he organised, everything had to be immaculate.

Walking past the Red Palace, he underwent mind-numbing flashbacks of the time when people were executed there; how he was executed there.

Min Yoongi was a Joseon scholar.
As the son of a doctor, his social standing was rather dignified since birth; and becoming a scholar in the court of the emperor enhanced his status.

Nostalgia engulfed him as he thought of the rather tumultuous period of his life.
As he grew older, he became surer of his sexuality, just as it haunted him.
His romance with the crown prince was a clandestine one, but no less passionate. Upon learning about the bloody history behind his lovers' birth, and how his real mother was killed, he joined the Devil Worshippers, since those who called themselves the Men of God, were far from being god-like.

He knew the consequences of his decision, yet he didn't stop. He remembered the day of his execution vividly; the executioner brandishing his sword to behead him and fellow worshippers. His lover followed him all over to the Red Palace, unwilling to let him go. Yoongi smiled at what he said to him, "This place needs a better king. Stay alive for the subjects' sake, for my sake."

Following his death, he ended up face-to-face with the Devil himself. Apparently, he was the only one among the hundreds executed who was resurrected by Him.

"Why me?", he asked.

"Your actions amazed me.", the Devil spoke. Since then, he was offered one of the most important designations in Hell; the genius, who would plan the Devil's next move when things went wrong, and of course, he had the liberty to prowl the planet to his heart's content.

And yes, the risky masquerade, was all a part of Min Yoongi's evil yet ingenius plan.