Chapter 3

*CAST MEMBERS ARE IN THE PICTURE ATTACHED*

As I hear the front door slam, I know that Dylan and his mother are officially gone. I run to my door and lock it. I run my fingers through my hair and I begin to start gathering new clothes for a shower. I see Dylan walk into, what I thought was a vacant house. I'm still naked and I see him notice I was looking at him.

"Whats up, V!" He smiles.

"Hi." He starts to climb out of the window and jumps onto mine. "What the fuck?!" I laugh.

"What?"

"Why are you over here?" He climbs into my room.

"Because I want to be." He smiles.

"Well, I'm about to take a shower. You are more than welcome to sit here and make yourself at home." I smile and walk into my bathroom with the clothes I gathered. He gets up and walks behind me. "What do you think you're doing?"

"Joining you." He answers and pulls his shirt off.

"Ha. You're a funny guy." I open the door for him to leave but he just turns the water on and I smile at how cocky he is. "Get out, Dylan!" I whisper so my family doesn't hear.

"Nah, I think I'm good." He smiles and wets his hair. "Gonna join anytime soon?"

"Don't you have your own shower?" I chuckle.

"Yeah. But how much fun would that me if I were there and you were here? Not much fun." He takes my hand and pulls me into the shower.

After I give in to showering with Dylan and we finish in the shower, I dry off in front of the foggy mirror. I start think about Dylan and I. I'm not really into relationships and I really don't want to be in one. I look at Dylan and I continue thinking. He is a good guy, as far as I know. He is hot as shit but I don't really know him.

"Hey Dylan?"

"Yeah?" He dries off and wraps a towel around his hips.

"I just want to make things clear. We aren't like...dating, you know that right?" He smiles and chuckles.

"I know that. I'm not really into relationships."

"Neither am I." I confess and I pull my volleyball shorts up my leg as Dylan watches me.

"So friends?" He smiles at me.

"Yeah. Or friends with benefits." I say bluntly. "Does that work for you?"

"Yeah. That works."

"Good." I smile and exit the bathroom. "So are you going to school tomorrow?" I ask.

"Of course." He smiles and climbs back into his room in just the towel. "Night Veronica."

"Good night." I smile and close my window.

I turn my lights off and lay in bed. I smile to myself as I hear my mom walk up the stairs with my step dad whispering things to her.

"I love you, honey. You know that don't you?" He whispers to her.

"Yes. I love you too." She whispers back and the walk to their room.

I hope one day I'll let my guard down and finally let someone love me. Ever since 7th grade, I just couldn't tell myself that love was real. My actual father, Calvin, cheated on my mom with one of his college students and when she got pregnant, he left us for her and their child. Everyone says that the only person a girl could ever trust to love her is her father but that's all bullshit.

After 5 minutes of thinking about my father, I fall asleep.

~ ~ ~

"Veronica. Wake up!" Jess shakes me awake. "You're gonna be late!"

"I'm up." I shrug her off and she leaves. I stand up and see that I only have 5 minutes to get ready in order to make it in time. I quickly pull some blue jean shorts that reach to mid thigh and a band tee. I quickly wash my face and brush my teeth. I pull my black slip on vans and run out the door with my phone is one hand and my backpack in the other.

"Need a ride?" Dylan smiles at me and I turn to see him on the motorcycle I saw yesterday.

"Yeah sure." I smile and climb on and wrap my arms around his waist to hold on. Not even 5 minutes after we pull out of his driveway, we are at school. The late bell for first period rings and I sigh. We knock on the door to the main entrance and the officer opens it.

"Go to the office." Is all he says and we walk into the main office.

"Why are the two of you late?" Principle Stevens asks as he crosses his arms.

"Running late." I say and Dylan nods in agreement.

"Well since you are new," He turns to Dylan " allow me to introduce a rule to people who are late; detention today after school. Get to class." He points to the entrace of the office and we exit.

"Did he really have to give us detention for being late one time?!" Dylan sighs and runs his fingers through his hair.

"Yeah. Welcome to Grant High School." I sigh.

"You look hot, by the way." He looks at what I'm wearing.

"You dont look too bad today." I say with a smile. "Tons of girls already like you and its barely your second day here."

"Yeah. But I'm not looking for anyone right now." He smiles down at me. I start to realize how much taller Dylan is compared to me;.

"How tall are you?" I ask as we walk closer and closer to our homeroom.

"6'4" He answers. "How tall are you?"

"5'6" I answer and laugh.

"I was that tall when I was 9" He smiles and we enter the classroom.

"Nice of the two of you to join us this morning." Mr.Smith says sarcasticlly.

"Dick." Dylan mumbles and I laugh quietly as we take our seats. I see Holly in her seat and she smiles at me.

'Are you two friends?' She mouths to me and I nod in response.

"Open your textbooks to page 143." Mr.Smith tells Dylan and I. The class period is pretty boring today. All Mr.Smith is talking about is the past tense called Passe Compose.

"Hey, meet me on the bleachers for lunch." Dylan whispers to me.

"Why?" I smile.

"Because I said so, duh." He smiles and I giggle.

"I'll be there, Mr.Anderson." I smile and he shoves my thighs. He pulls my chair closer to him and he places his hand on my thigh. "What do you think you're doing?"

"Same thing as last night." He whispers into my ear and moves his hand higher.

"Fuck no. You're not gonna make me come while we're in class, Anderson." I smile.

"You know you want to." He smiles and I shake my head no.

"No I don't." I try to convince myself as well as him.

"C'mon. Live a little." He smiles and unbuttons my shorts.

"Ms.Blake, would you like to conjugate this verb for us on the board." Mr.Smith calls me out and I shake my head no. "You don't have a choice, c'mon."

I sigh and walk to the board. I quickly conjugate the verb and take my seat again.

"Perhaps you and Mr.Anderson should talk less and pay more attention." He says and I roll my eyes.