pt2

Pt2

Toni looks at her phone for a little bit while Rainer starts browning the ground beef. It smells like heaven. She finally looks up and puts her phone down. " Hey ratatouille need some help?"

"Can you stir this meat while I get a jar of sauce?" He says pouring the pasta into the strainer.
"Yep" She says and stirs the pot.
He walks back upstairs and finishes making dinner and they eat. Toni is amazed at how good it tastes but doesn't want to admit it .
" This is good. I can definitely tell you were raised by two chefs."She says
Rainer ignores what she says.
"You can help me with dishes then we will get back to our projects." He looks at her.
"I will wash you and put them away because I don't know where any of your dishes go."She says finding the sponge on the counter.
"Ok fair deal" He says getting a dirty dish towel from the closet.
Toni was gonna call him out on using a dirty one but at this point does not care enough to call him out on it. They start washing dishes as toni puts one of the dishes on the counter a tiny splash of water gets on Rainer witch ticks him off so he gets a tiny bit of water and splashes her shirt so she splashes him back a little more and he then splashes her more than a little bit but not too much. She then splashes him hard and he goes takes a cup and dumps it on her head and runs down her whole body. She then takes a cup filled with water and throws it at him and loudly says "OOPS".
Rainer then takes the sink sprayer and he sprays toni.
She giggles " STOP STOP STOPPP she giggles."
Rianer stops and they both laugh.
"omg" Rainer says, takes his shirt off and wipes his face with the dry part of the t shirt.
Toni giggles
" I never thought I would see the day where Toni brayers made me laugh or even have fun" .He smiles .
There are puddles on the floor everywhere but one big one where the sink was.
"What are you trying to seduce me?" She looks at the shirtless shaver.
"Yr gross" he looks at her weirdly.
They both get towels and clean up the mess.
"We are soaked'' .He says coughing " I'm gonna go change" He says putting the towels on the counter.
Rainer changes into a pair of sweatpants and a white shirt that has a hole in the chest and the bottom of the right sleeve . And walks out . Toni looks at him and she gets butterflies in her stomach but ignores it. She follows him to go back to his room. It's quite peaceful for 2 people who are gonna kill each other tomorrow. She can't help but notice 1. His nice abs and 2. She finds a shadow box on the wall. It has a Pink tiny knit blanket, a green pacifier and 2 tiny hospital bracelets, one bigger than the other and a crucifix.
"You have a sister?" She says loudly, looking surprised .
" Had a sister but yeah". He says looking down
"Oh my rainer I am so sorry", she says, feeling terrible for asking.
"It's fine she was young anyway "He says with a lump in his throat.
"Even if someone is young that doesn't mean you aren't hurt by it or you dont miss her and that's ok." She puts her hand on his shoulder and he shoves it away.
"Get off you freak!" he says looking disgusted.
"Sorry, I get a little emotional sometimes."
"I was 5 and she just turned 2 she was the happiest baby on the planet, When I was young they told me that she was "Extra sick so the hospital will help her" but she died and there was no explaining that one of the bracelet was when she was born and the other was when she was diagnosed with DIPG. But every time I see this shadow box I think to myself that she is with us, my happy go lucky little sis." He gets tears in his eyes but not fully crying." Look I'm sorry you need to go home it's late I will do the rest on my own". He says he wants to just cry.
" No we are getting this done tonight so let's go! "She pulls him to the stairwell and they walk up to his room.
" I can't do this Toni!" He says looking like he's gonna have a panic attack
"We HAVE to work together idiot!" She gives Him a dirty look .
"JUST GO HOME!" he yells.
"No rainier there is something wrong tell me and I can help you fix this because you arnt acting yourself." she says Quietly trying to calm him down. He is not acting like the emotionless rainer she knows. They are now sitting against the bed shoulder to shoulder. She can feel the warmth and redness of his arm as he sits next to her.
"What's wrong?" She whispers.
" I I I am just stressed ok we still have a lot of stuff to do and I don't understand any of this. And on top of that I am thinking about the life I could have had with my sis." He calms down a little.
"Its ok rainer just breathe." He takes a couple deep breaths.
" With the project I think I should go home and we will work on are halves then get together again. And Just think that your sister is in a better place now and she is healthy and I bet you can talk to your older bro- "
He stops her mid sentence and pins her head against the side of his bed. She looks into his electric green eyes terrified but feeling lively he raises one brow and Lightly his lips press against hers. his lips are smooth and fluffy like clouds. and hers are chapped, bumpy with a hint of icy chapstick. They rise up and he sits her onto his bed
him still standing, them devouring, He can feel her running her hands up his back, he loves it. His cold nose touches hers and his tongue slowly inches his way into her mouth tasting the warm comforting pasta they had earlier. They break apart and gasp.
" I need To go home." She puts papers in her backpack and goes down the stairs slams the door behind her.

While she is driving home she thinks to herself."Omg I I No. I really did just kiss Rainer ,and I liked it? You hate him Charity byers you hate him but I kissed him and it felt amazing. oh god no the rematch oh god no."

He sits in his bed and thinks to himself." Just kissed Toni Byers . TONI. I KISSED Toni. And it was Hot ? I hate her but goddamn is she an amazing kisser. And she's super cute ."he remembers the 2 of them fighting with water." But I have to hit her tomorrow "?