(Kiss the slate) Tape 1/13

Three years ago, (1999)Yoongi's bodycam- (Tape 1/13) burkittsville, USA

Yoongi's bodycam- (Tape 1/13) burkittsville, USA

"Here he is, filling out the slate for our first shot." Jimin teases throwing an arm over Yoongi's shoulder. "Should we all like cut our fingers open and bleed on it for good luck?  A little bloodletting on the board?"

"Though it was 'kiss for good luck' ?"

"Kiss the slate?"

"Well it is the first one, First slate, marked by your Apple chapstick." The eldest laughs carrying it over to Jimin who bites down onto the clacker part, denting the plywood between his teeth. "...You're ridiculous."

"You're not supposed to eat it." Hoseok chides, still packing away the camping equipment into his rucksack.
"We need that for the rest of the documentary."

"Okay okay!" Jimin laughs, shaking his head before moving to stand back infront of the camera, it was starting to get a little chilly outside and he'd rather get this over and done with so the group could get back to the warmth of their motel room. "Are we rolling?"

"Yup, remember your line?"

"Of course."

"Then whenever you're ready."

"Okay." Jimin takes a deep breath, putting on his best reporters voice and pointing to the sign in the background. "This is Burkittsville, formerly known as Blair. It's a small, quiet Maryland town. Much like any small town anywhere." He explains before walking foward beyond the cemetery gates. "No more then twenty families laid their roots here over two hundred years ago. Many of them remain, either buried on this hill or living in the town below. Though there is an unusually high number of children laid to rest here. Most of which passed in the 1940's yet no one in the town seems to recall anything unusual about this time. Well at least to us anyway but legend tells a different story. One whose evidence is all around us, etched in stone."

"And... cut." Yoongi grins, giddy with excitement as he pops the 14mm film out the camera, wrapping it carefully before stowing it safely away in his car's glovebox. "That was perfect."

"I know." Jimin winks. "I am."

"Aight you two saps, we better get going, it'll be dark soon and we still need to interview some of the locals before we head off in the morning." Hoseok chuckles. "And it's getting pretty dark."

"Can we get Pizza?"

"Jimin, I just said we didn't have much time."

"Pleaseeee." The other man whines, turning to face Yoongi instead. "Because I did such a good job, and I agreed to help you both with this whole documentry thing because I'm such a good friend and you both love me to death."

"I'm sure we can find him a pizza Hoseok."

"Okay." The other man sighs, rolling his eyes at Yoongi's susceptibility to Jimin's charm. "I guess it'll give us time to look through the footage and read up a little on the town's history."

"You never know, maybe the staff might know something useful, perhaps they'll give an interview."

"Maybe." Hoseok nods, adjusting his body cam. "I guess we best be off then."

Half an hour later they find themselves in a quaint little family run pizzeria on the outskirts of town, sharing a margarita pizza over drinks and the soft trills of piano music while they discuss their plans for the next few days. It's a quiet evening but the low ambiance is appreciated, a nice little piece of comfort before they had to camp in the discomfort of the forest.

"Can I get you lads anything else?" The waitress smiles before dragging her eyes over to their backpacks. "Oh you're camping?... Round here?"

"Yeah, we're filming a documentary." Yoongi smiles, taking another sip of his beer. "About the Blair witch."

"Oh-" The woman's smile drops as she looks between the three. "You're going into the forest?"

"Yeah tomorrow if everything goes to plan."

She nods stepping back as if she's going to walk off before pausing and looking back at them, expression conflicted somewhat. "Please don't go up there, I went a few years back, there's some things better left to the imagination."

"What?" Hoseok raises his eyebrows. "You had an encounter with the Blair Witch?"

"Yes I um, it's a kinda silly story.  To kinda make ends meet my dad and I would go fishing down by the creek.  You know that uh- it's in Burkittsville.  I was lying down on the leaves, kinda just watching the pool and looking up at the sky.  And all of the sudden it felt like something was near me.  You know kinda an eerie feeling. It was this man. Only his arms and his hands were like covered in this black liquid, It was real dark almost like tar and there were these black feathers caught up in it all."

"Feathers?"

"Yeah covering his arms and he had like a shawl, a woolen shawl thrown over his shoulders."

"Did he scare you? Threaten you?"

"Um... he didn't' really say anything, he just kept staring at me, then he disappeared."

"What about his face?"

"Just kinda strange looking like... he was very pretty, angelic even but his presence felt anything but holy." The waitress shudders. "I just- I know it sounds silly but please don't go up there."

The three boys exchange looks but neither say anything.

"...I know, I sound crazy right? I mean I was pretty high that night, maybe I just imagined it." She laughs awkwardly when none of them return her concern. "But that place- it just gives me a bad feeling.... Anyway uh- I'm getting off topic how rude of me I was gonna ask if there was anything else you wanted?"

Jimin looks up smiling cheerily to himself despite how awkward the atmosphere has become. "Can I have a blue kamikaze?"

"Of course."

"Don't drink too much, I'm not carrying you on my back though the woods." Yoongi laughs pulling Jimin's head to rest on his shoulder and sweeping the hair out his eyes. "You already look half trashed."

"I am half trashed but the bills on you and Seok so I'm making the most of it."

"The blooming cheek." Hoseok chuckles. "I'll be broke by the end of the week."