Boring Spring Months

Alberto was tossing and turning in his sleep, his legs kicking outward. It was as if he was trying to run within his dream. However, his dream was not your typical sweet dream a young boy would have...

"Mama!" Alberto cries out to his mother, who was actively fighting many men with their dangerous harpoons. "Heh heh you'll sell nicely! A little sea baby like you will be worth a fortune!" A middle aged man with a short beard roughly picked up the little baby and held it up by its shorts. "Mama!! Waaa!! Help mama!!" Alberto squirms as he tries to escape the man who now had his hand gripped tightly on his arm. His mother growls before shaking the few men on her and dashing towards the man. She bashes into him, securing her child who was crying loudly. She starts running away from the men, the rain pouring as time went on. "After her you hooligans! That's a sea monster you hear!?" The leader of the bunch screams at the few guys and they ready their weapons to chase after her.

"Don't worry Ally baby..you'll be safe here I promise...don't make a sound..." She had taken her son to an abandoned light house, and hid him under some wood. Tears ran down her face as she gave a forehead kiss to her son. Before running away from there, she looks at him one last time, a wave of guilt hitting her before she spots the men. "Hey you losers! Over here!" She yells at them before turning and running the opposite direction.

"Mama..?" Alberto cowards in fear as he sees the men running, their footsteps loud as they were close by. He peeks out the hole a little bit, ignoring his mother's words. He tilts his head as he sees her fighting the humans. She whips her tail around, knocking many of them down. Growls escaped her as well as grunts. "I'll never let you have him! Not after what I heard! You were going to sell him to horrible people! I trusted you!!!" She yells towards a young man who had a devilish smirk. "Well..honey not everyone is as they appear-" He chuckles as the men finally grabbed her, holding her arms, legs and feet down. Alberto's eyes widen as he sees the young man pull out a dagger.

"Where is he?!" He screams, causing Albetero to cover his ears. Tears ran down his face alongside his own mother. "You'll never find him" she chuckles, "he's with his own kind now" she then spits in the man's face, which angrily wipes it off. He was fed up with her, and raised the knife only to plunge it deep into his mother's ches-

"Ahhhh!!!!!" Alberto screams himself awake as he falls into the floor. He puts himself in a fetal position as he cries a little. That was no dream to him, that was an awful memory. He tries to shake away the feeling but it kept lingering without Luca around.
"Oh Luca...I wish you were here...I've been having these night terrors ever since you left..." Alberto manages to calm himself down by breathing slowly. He then grabs his blanket which was twisted around him and wraps it around himself before crawling over towards a shoe box near the white desk in his room. Alberto makes himself comfortable before opening the shoe box.

Inside was the many letters Luca has wrote him and a...scale..? It wasn't the color of Luca's or Alberto's scales but it resembled the color of his. He avoids looking at it while grabbing the letters. The most recent one was last week, March 25. Alberto quietly reads it out loud, his heart hurting as he scanned it with his eyes.

Dear Alberto,

Hey Alberto I got your letter! I'm so excited to see you this summer to! We're going to have so much fun! I really do miss our adventures all the time..oh! Guess what Giulia taught me? She taught me about the different planets in the solar system! Anyway, I just wanted to say I'm always thinking about you and I haven't forgotten our promise either. I can't wait to see what you built for all of us! Oh! And I also attached a special something for you in this letter! Like you taught me...Silencio Bruno! Ciao,
   Luca