The Letter

If you haven't read or watched Black Butler this might not be too funny to you, but I feel like the meme of Ciel working at a fast food joint sounds kind of funny.

*                                                                                                             *                                                                                     

  Sebastian walked swiftly down the tall wooded corridor and into the a large study where Ciel sat. The boy picked up his small pink china to take a sip as his butler came over to him with a letter.

   "A letter from the queen, young master." Sebastian said, as he reached down handing Ciel the letter along with an opener. Ciel put his tea back down on the small circular side table that sat beside him and grabbed both things. He almost dropped the letter opener a couple times trying to cut the seal, but managed to get the envelope open.  A small pink parchment fell out and landed on the table. He picked it up and began to read:

Hello my boy,

   I have missed you dearly and hope you are doing well. I have an important task for you. A new chain of restaurants has opened up recently and there have been some mysterious happenings going on around there. I want you to investigate the one downtown by the Undertaker. I believe the store is called McPoggers.

I wish you luck in your investigations sweetie,

-The Queen <3

   Ciel sighed at the sight of the end of the letter and turned to Sebastian who was still standing by him at the side of his green desk chair. Handing his butler the letter, he slowly rose from his seat.

   "Ready the carriage at once. We will be leaving soon. I trust you will make all the necessary preparations." 

  Sebastian bowed and said, "Certainly, young master, I shall have preparations ready by tomorrow"

   The next morning breakfast was served at the same time as per usual in the dining room, this morning in particular was steamy fluffy biscuits with a few pieces of perfectly cooked bacon that smelled only of the smell that one can have when having the most delicious food ever. Sebastian also brought out a platter with a tea set on it, made of fine china like the last one, but this one was white with blue designs. Ciel came down the stairs set down in his seat, the aromas mixing and mingling in the air as he settled down at the white clothed table, empty to everything but the food that sat in front of him. Sebastian began to pour his tea as Ciel cut up his biscuit.

   "Today I have for you Earl Grey tea, a black tea originating in Italy, traditionally not drank with milk, but is flavored with the bergamot orange. I believe it will be to your liking. Oh, and by the way, we will be departing at noon." 

  The tea filled the cup almost to the brim now, and Sebastian left Ciel to his meal.

   Later that day, Sebastian brought up a lavish carriage to the grand front entrance of the manor, lined with bushes and shrubs with a garden around the driveway, and sent Mey-Rin to go fetch the young master while the other servants would carry the luggage out. She ran through the manor into Ciel's study in such a rush that she almost fell over. Ciel chuckled (on the inside).

   "Y-young master! The carriage is here it is! E-everyone is all ready to go they are!" 

  Ciel nodded, still absorbed in the game of chess he had been playing with himself on his desk since breakfast.

   "Alright, I'll be out momentarily." 

  Mey-Rin rushed back outside to help Finny and Baldroy get the luggage into the carriage. Soon after they began their departure to McPoggers

   "Sebastian, you've gathered intel on what we will need to be doing for the investigation, correct? Sebastian gave him a smirk.

   "Of course, what kind of butler would I be if I could not do that much?" Ciel stared blankly back at him.

   "Well, what are we going to be needing to do then?"

   Ciel waited impatiently looking out the carriage window as Sebastian pulled out a slightly wrinkled piece of paper that had been attached to the original letter from the front pocket of the trousers of his butler uniform.

   "Well, there seems to be a couple instances of missing persons around there. My suggestion would be getting a 'job' working there to acquire inside intel and to avoid suspicion." 

  Ciel looked appalled at the idea but did not retort to Sebastian's statement. He only sighed and sat back silently in the red silk seat of the carriage.

 "I've already seen to it that you have been secured a place to work, but it seems the only position you can hold at your age is to be taking orders." This statement got Ciel's full attention.

   "You mean to say I'm going to have to be a cashier? Talking to people?"

   "I believe you can do a fine job at it young master, as watchdog of the queen. It is your duty after all." 

  Sebastian looked outside for a brief moment. 

  "Oh, dear me, it seems we are here already." 

  He handed Ciel a bright yellow shirt and brown pants with a red vest.

 "Now, let's go in and get started shall we?