we fell in love in october

"What is this place?" I whispered to Ron, it was near empty, the only sounds that could be heard was the clattering of glassware.
"I dunno, you just have a drink." He shrugged, I rolled my eyes and followed him to a table.
"Don't you think we should be laying low, you know we're not meant to be here." I hissed, narrowing my eyes at him.

"Stop being such a Slytherin." He laughed, calling over the waitress,
"Two butterbeers, please." He smiled, she hesitantly nodded and wrote it down before turning away.
"I've never had butterbeer." I admitted, keeping a close eye on all the exits and possible dangers in the room.

"You're kidding?" He almost shouted, his jaw hanging open. I shook my head, still searching the unfamiliar room. Paranoia is such a trap, one worth escaping from.
"Hey, calm down." Ron said worriedly, looking into my eyes, "Stop searching around the room, nothing's going to happen." He commented softly.

Those eyes were the hue of every tree in the forest from the early light to the sunset, made all the richer by the golden light. It calmed me down for a few seconds before I came to my senses,
"Easy for you to say." I snapped, breaking eye contact with him and going back to looking at the door behind him.

He sighed and leaned back into his chair, giving me a sympathetic look.
"Don't give me that look." I scoffed, ripping my eyes away from the door.
"What's got your pretty little head so worried?" He asked quietly, almost as if he didn't mean to say it aloud.

"Danger is lurking around every corner, I thought you of all people would know that." I explained, watching the waitress intently as she brought us our drinks.
"I thought you could've been a Gryffindor, but now I know you most certainly are a coward." He grinned, taking a big gulp of his butterbeer.
"You call it cowardice, I call it safety." I shrugged, slowly picking up my drink and taking a small sip.

"Good, right?" Ron grinned, I nodded slightly - it was bitter but set off a warm feeling inside your chest, it was almost pleasant. I saw him lean across the table more than before, his eyes were the softest brown infused with green, as if he held the new spring growth inside. They were the forest floor and the gentle flowers, somewhere to rest and breathe.

I found myself leaning in slightly, until we were mere inches apart. My eyes flickered to his lips, his lips were as good as his eyes in painting a picture of his emotions. There was always an honest smile within those lips, always coming forth when words of love were spoken.

He suddenly moved forward, making the first move and crashing his lips into mine. In that kiss was the sweetness of passion, a million loving thoughts condensed into a moment. I pulled back after a minute, watching the disappointment wash over his face,
"Good, right?" I smirked, echoing his words. He let out a hearty laugh and nodded, leaning back in again.

I put my hand out and stopped him, grabbing his face and slightly squishing his cheeks,
"You really are stupidly brave." I smiled. He nodded and leaned in again, I gave him a quick kiss before pulling away,
"People might see us." I frowned, concerned with his lack of worry.
"Don't really care if they do." He grinned.
"Well I do." I said bluntly, letting go of his face.
"So you don't want to be seen with me, it's a bit too late for that." He frowned, referencing the Daily Prophet incident.

"Don't remind me, I just don't think it'd go down particularly well if the Slytherin's found out." I defended myself, watching him nod in understanding.
"Yeah, it'd be best if the Gryffindors didn't find out either." He admitted, downing his drink. I looked out the window, my eyes widening in shock as I saw figures approaching.

"Get down." I hissed at Ron, grabbing him and pushing him under the table.
"Ow- What the fuck are we-"
"Be quiet!" I shushed him, grabbing his wand and performing a quick disillusionment charm before he could protest. The door creaked open, loud footsteps approaching us.

"She's not here." Draco drawled.
"It's your fault she ran away." Theodore muttered.
"How the fuck is this my fault?" Draco snapped at Theodore.
"Stop arguing and look, two butterbeers and one's still full." Blaise pointed out, I silently cursed his observation skills.

"Oi, you!" Draco shouted at the waitress, I rolled my eyes at his rudeness. "Who was here?" He demanded, pointing to the table we were hiding under.
"Just some lass and her boyfriend." She shrugged.
"Nah, it's not her." Blaise sighed defeatedly, but his eyes did not wander from the table.
"How'd you know? She could have some secret Hogsmeade boyfriend." Theodore suggested.

"Don't be ridiculous!" Draco spat, sneering at the table.
"You sound jealous." Blaise smirked.
"She'll be mine one day, I know it. She can fuck about with whatever scum here at Hogwarts, but I know she'll come crawling back for a marriage proposal." He bragged, I scoffed in response, Ron's hand smacking over my mouth as I was a bit too loud.

"What was that?" Blaise whispered, coming closer to the table.
"Who knows Draco, she called me beautiful today, you have competition." Theodore smirked.
"You think we're in the same league." Draco scoffed, looking Theodore up and down. 
"What the fuck is that supposed to mean-"

"Shut up! Y/N could be in trouble and you two are here bickering like an old married couple. Get a move on." Blaise snapped, forcing them out of the pub. I breathed a sigh of relief, undoing the charm and passing Ron his wand back.

"That stupid prick." I snarled, getting up from under the table and downing my butterbeer.
"Woah! Slow down." Ron chuckled, grabbing my chin and wiping away the foam with his thumb.
"Honestly, that boy thinks too much of himself sometimes." I continued, Ron humming in agreement.

"Sometimes? He's a right git."
"Yeah, well - So am I."
"Kind of, but at least you're nice deep down."
"Nice?" I scoffed.
"Well, that kiss was nice." He smirked, I rolled my eyes but struggled to hide my smile, getting up from the chair and putting a galleon down on the table.
"Let's go." I ordered.