Chapter 71

DRACO'S POV

Potter, Granger, and Weasley ran all the way into the courtyard and I immediately saw them. "Malfoy!" Potter yelled from across the way. I was sitting at a table, trying to read my book. I've been staring at the same page for the past 20 minutes though. All I can think about is Camilla.

Whatever Potter wanted to do to me, I didn't care. I hoped he killed me. It's what I deserved and it might make Camilla feel better. I stood up and faced him as he stormed over to me. Furious.

"How could you? You fucking bastard! How could you do that to her?!" he screamed. People's heads turned as they watched Potter losing it. "What the fuck is wrong with you? You know what happened to her. After everything she has been through, you go and do that to her?" he yelled. "Potter- I-" I started. "I'm not finished!" he yelled. I went quiet. "She trusted you. Do you have any idea how hard that was for her? She trusted her brother and looked at what he turned out to be. Then she trusted Cedric and she lost him. Nobody ever showed her love in her entire life and when they did, it all went to hell. But even after all of that brokenness, she trusted you. She loved you. " I said. "Yeah, You. Of all people." Weasley scoffed. "We were all willing to put our doubts aside and be civil towards you for her sake. Because she needed you." he said. There were tears in his eyes. "Do you realize what you did? She loved you. And she trusted you. So god damn it, I trusted you! I trusted you to keep her safe when I couldn't. And so I left to go save my Godfather, the only family I have. I had to go save him from your father! And I trusted she would be safe because I thought she had you. But you are just as much of a monster as Nathan and Blaise and your father and her father and everyone else who's hurt her!" he screamed. My eyes watered and my vision blurred. I was supposed to keep her safe. Me. And I failed.

"Say something!" he yelled. "What do you want me to say Potter? I was under the Imperius Curse! Ok? I couldn't stop it!" I yelled. "Bullshit" Ron spat. "It's the truth. Look, I'm not asking for forgiveness or trust. I'm asking you to understand. I couldn't do anything to stop it. And if it makes you feel any better, I hate myself far more than you even could." I said. "Doubtful" Ron muttered. "You know what Weasley, why don't we put you under the Imperius Curse and have you rape Granger and see how you feel!" I yelled. "Fuck you!" he yelled. "Fuck you too!" I said. Ron scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Nathan knew what he was doing, ok? I don't expect her to forgive me. Please just tell her what really happened." I asked. "Ok, we'll talk to-" Granger started. "No." Ron said. "What!" I exclaimed. "Just leave us all alone." Potter said. "You can't be angry at me because your felon Godfather died!" I said. I watched his fists clench and his teeth grit. I needed him to be angry. I wanted this. I wanted him to hurt me. I felt him punch me across the face over and over. Blood smeared across my face and splattered my shirt. I heard him screaming profanities and people were chanting for us to fight. I just laid there on the ground and let him beat me. I deserve this.

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

CAMILLA'S POV

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

I pushed my way through the crowd and saw Harry on top of Draco. He was punching and punching and punching. Hermione was yelling for him to stop and Ron was trying to grab him.

"Harry, that's enough!" I screamed. He froze with his fist inches from Draco's face. It went quiet and everyone looked at me. "Piss off!" Fred yelled. "Everyone scatter, you don't have any business here!" George added. It was just Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Fred, George, Draco and me. Draco stood up with his face covered in blood. I stepped away from him and stood next to Harry. He wouldn't try anything here, right? He wouldn't hurt me in front of all of these people. Then again, I never thought he would hurt me to begin with. I thought I was safe. But I'm not. I never am.
Draco isn't who I thought he was, that's clear.

"Cam, you shouldn't be out of the hospital." Harry said. "You shouldn't be punching people." I replied. "Even if they deserve it?" Ron asked. I ignored him and stayed focused on Harry. I still felt dizzy from the concussion so it was best to stay focused on one thing at a time. "What are you doing here?" he asked. "Nathan came to the hospital wing. He said you beat him up. Is that true?" I asked. He shrugged. "Harry," I said sternly. "Fine, yes. But honestly Cam, what did you expect?" he said. "Stop beating people up. Please. It only makes things worse." I said. He nodded. Then I noticed Draco was standing there, staring at me. I stepped behind Harry and held my wand. "What do you want, Malfoy?" Harry snapped.

"I want to talk to her," he said.