prologue // 00

YAMAGUCHI'S POV:

'what a day' I thought as I get the key to my apartment. Today was a rough day at the studio, me and my team can't get any good ideas for songs and our deadlines are coming up faster than we want them too.

I'm really hoping that oikawa can help me figure something out.

its pretty late and he's probably asleep already so I'll ask him tomorrow. when I get up to our door and open it trying to be pretty quiet just in case he is asleep.

I hang up my coat and keys on the hooks and set my stuff down when I hear the doorknob turning.

'did oikawa go out? he's usually never out this late?'

after a bit more struggle with the door it finally opens up and my eyes are filled with the sight of not just oikawa, but someone else as well. and that someone is all over him as they made out. they were so engulfed with each other they didn't even notice me there.

"Baby? What the hell!" I yelled at him as they finally pulled away from each other.

"Yams! Babe it's not what it looks like! I-" he tries

"Then what is this supposed to be?! All I see is an ass that I should've never trusted! You told me not to worry about iwaizumi too! God how did I believe that?"

he said he was over him. he promised me that he was done with him for good. I can't believe I believed that.

"Baby it's okay I promise this won't happen ever again! Just hear me out-"

"No! Just get out this is my apartment! You can't stay here anymore get your stuff and get out!"

I might've woken my neighbors but I could really care less about that right now. iwaizumi must have left while I was yelling because he wasn't next to oikawa anymore.

"Fine I never even loved you anyways! I mean who would? I only dated you because you're music is getting popular anyways! I should've just stayed with iwa!" he exclaimed at me,

"Maybe you should have! Hurry up before I get the police here to get you out!"

Once I said that he got his stuff as fast as he could and left, slamming the door behind him

I was so mad that I didn't know what to do and there wasn't much I could do. I decided it was best to atleast try to get some sleep and think about this in the morning.

timeskip a week after ^

KYOTANI'S POV:

"hey babe, we need to talk" iwaizumi said to me while we were hanging out with each other.

"yeah what's up?" I answered

"there's something I've been meaning to tell you but I've been putting it off..." he started

"I don't know how to tell you this but I'm breaking up with you..." he finally spat out.

"what?! why all of the sudden? I thought we were doing just fine!" I was so confused by this

"I've been cheating on you Ken. there's no other way to put it. I'm not in love with you and I never really was. I was just trying to get over oikawa but now..."

"Now what?"

"We're back together. I've been seeing him for a couple weeks now,"

I sat there in surprise and disgust. 'I let this man cheat on me without me even realizing? How- Why did he do this? Was there something wrong with me? What did I-'

His voice cut through your thoughts, "I should go.. I hope we can still be okay though right?"

I couldn't say anything so I just stared at him. Very soon after, he left.

he was the first person that truly tried to get to know me and connect with me, how could he do this...

timeskip a couple days (same pov)

♪but atleast I got my hoodies back, atleast you still live in my head, atleast now he can make you laugh, I miss your presence in my bed...♪

I was driving home when I heard this song on the radio. it reminds me of... no I can't listen to this

that's what I told myself, but I never changed the station. in fact I might have turned it up a little bit. it was a good song so i couldn't resist

after the song ended I heard the guy on the radio say who it was from

"another great song from gp or for those who don't know him, greater presence, this song was the most recent work of his and everyone seems to enjoy this style he's gone with. anyways here's..."

I tuned him out after that.

Greater Presence huh? interesting

I pull into my apartment complex and get out of the car to go home. it was a tiring practice today and I needed to relax a bit.

I get home and lay down to find myself looking up the guy from the radio. looking through all his songs I end up putting one on and listening to them for quite a while.

I lost track of time and when I did realize the time I had to go eat something and go to bed.

~

author's note!

ooh first chapter kind of! first off, the song that I used for the radio in kyotani's part is HOODIES by JayXander! I don't own that song or its lyrics. second, I'm writing this pretty late at night so I'll write the first real chapter when I wake up. I hope you enjoyed and make sure to comment and vote! have a good day :)

 I hope you enjoyed and make sure to comment and vote! have a good day :)