Eleven

I've gained 4 pounds, my cheerleading outfit is too small, I sat in the locker room crying about it. I grabbed an extra one from the clean loads of new cheer uniforms.

I was pulling the shirt down as I went to the gym. Ethan was playing today. I walked over to my coach she was asking what took me so long.

Gabby came down from the stands tapping my shoulder as we waiting for the game to start. "If we win we're going to Waffle House." She said, oh waffle sounded so good right now. I nodded and she headed back up to her seat next to Cole and Elias.

I was filling in for Sabrina, so I had two roles to play today, a flyer and team captain. I think my girls can do it, I know what danger I'm putting the baby in but, I wouldn't be doing it if I didn't think I couldn't do it safely.

The first quarter was good, we were winning so far, it was almost time for me to step up as a flyer. I don't know why I was nervous.

As the second quarter ended the boys went to the locker rooms for water and whatever they did back there.

Coach handed me my water bottle and pulled me to the side. " Are you ready?"
" yea." I said, "don't mess this up." I nodded, I really couldn't back out of this now.

The boys came out and I realized my hands were shaking, Brianna came up to me asking if I was alright.

" yes, just get in place." I nodded, she leaned back and nodded.

As the game restarted I was lifted by the girls, Brianna had my left foot, I felt less nervous now.

As I made it to the top, I was getting in my pose and I heard whispering below me.

" Get it together Brenna." I heard. " what's wrong?" Brianna asked. " she said Brenna had a cramp." My eyes widen. "Get me down now before you kill me," I ordered.

But it was too late, Brenna had started wobbling and her cramp's pain took over. She fell into Brianna, and she fell, and I was at the top of about 7 girls, I was going to fall.

" Catch her!" I heard the coach yell. I was falling forward, I heard a basketball go rogue and soon I was in his arms, we fell to the ground together, he stopped my harsh landing.

He and I both were groaning, his arms were around my stomach, he was slowly retreating them, as the game stopped people started surrounding us. And I started feeling the air being sucked out of my lungs.

" Nurse!" I heard as my eyes were closing
" Sofia." His voice was the last thing I heard as I passed out.