𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵

"I can heal wounds, but I can't heal a rotten liver."

*•*

*•*

The ringing bell above the church.

The cheers from family and friends as they congratulate the bride and groom. The smiles that are captured in a family photo in front of the church doors. In the end, it's the binding of two souls that finally become one as the love for one another grows in size every second they are together.

The same gloomy clouds consume the sky of Small Heath on this celebratory day. The marriage of a Shelby and a Thorne.

The sound of heels hitting the pavement was the only noise reverberated on the desolate streets. The purple hues of the sheer floral dress contrasted brightly against the dull air of Birmingham. Wisps of curly hair blowing in the wind crazily as the Morelli woman jogged to reach her destination.

Lifting her dress up with one hand so she doesn't fall, she quickly makes her way down a shortcut alley praying to no one in particular in hopes that a certain Shelby woman wouldn't be upset she was running late. Up ahead, she huffed a breath in relief when she saw the woman in white. Clutching her shawl around her shoulders, she came to a stop desperately filling her lungs with a much needed breath, "I hope I'm not too late. I had to make some final touches."

Ada quirked her mouth into a huge smile at the sight of her closest friend. Walking a couple steps, she closed the distance between them bringing her into an embrace, "You're right on time. Oh, Lettie, I'm so thrilled you're here."

Leticia knew about the rocky situation Ada was in with her family. To have no family on what is supposed to be the happiest day of a man and woman's life can be dispiriting. Besides, the Morelli woman was more than happy to be here for Ada for she knew the young Shelby woman would do the same for her.

"I wouldn't miss this for the world." The business woman gave her hands a light squeeze.

Taking a second to look over Leticia's figure, Ada opened her mouth in a scoff, crossing her arms over her chest, "You're not supposed to be prettier than the bride. It's not fair."

Rolling her eyes, Lettie waved her hand in a dismissive manner, "Oh, shut it. You look absolutely stunning."

Leticia then lifted up the piece that would complete Ada's look. Placing the white crowned veil over her head, the brunette flared the long white veil all around the bride like a canopy. A big smile stretched across her face in elation, "There. Now you look like a true princess."

Looking towards Freddie, Leticia gave Ada a spin the dress expanding in a entrancing swirl, "Isn't your soon to be wife just gorgeous, Freddie."