Part 2

Idol

Jungkook

It's late when I sneak into my happy place, my forbidden place. I've wanted to pursue dance for a long time now, ever since I was a teenager and got to study it in America. But when my father married that woman, I felt the little bit of confidence I had deplete until I was left with nothing. She was a big star back in her youth and she makes it known that I'll never be enough to reach stardom. That I'll never reach her level.

And I'll never reach Jimin's level.

When my dad died, the witch got even harsher with her words and actions. She pampers my step-brothers while I'm often left to fend for myself. I am paying my own tuition and I had to get into this school based on hard work, but my brothers just had their way bought in. It's not fair, but life isn't fair.

As a filmography major, my passions in music and dance aren't satisfied and my counselor would be confused if I asked to take a dance course, so I'm left sneaking into the class that my brothers take. I discovered that there is a secret storage room that no one really uses that is behind the mirror of the studio. Since mirrors are one-way glass, I can see everything the instructor does while no one in the room can see me. It's perfect because I get to learn without embarrassing myself.

Humming quietly, I slip my hoodie off so that I'm left in a muscle tank, black shorts, my bucket hat, and some Timbs. I think the class is still working on hip-hop, so I'm really excited for this session.

Dance students begin to filter in before Ms. Choi goes to the front and claps her hands.

"Okay, everyone, I have great news! Today is our last day of hip-hop and we have a special guest instructor to conclude it! Everyone give a round of applause for Park Jimin!"

The class erupts in applause and I feel my cheeks warm up as I approach the glass, curious.

Jimin and Yoongi enter the practice room and I feel my heart rate increase and my palms grow sweaty just due to his presence. He looks unreal. The way he wears clothes just draws me in. The way his black skinny jeans, ripped at the knees show off his long, sculpted legs... His white tank and his blue flannel make him look cute and his dark black hair sticking out of his white baseball cap make his eyes look dark and dangerous.

Ms. Choi collects everyone's cell phones so they won't take pictures or post about the idol and have fans busting down the door and disturbing practice. He's been here for a couple weeks now, but he's still constantly bombarded with fans. It must be tiring.

"Hello, everyone." Jimin smiles cutely and I smile as he interacts with everyone. "I'll be your teacher for today. Please ignore my idol status because I came here to try and be normal for a change." He bows.

Yoongi leans against the door. "If anyone tries any funny business, you're getting kicked off campus, just FYI. Jimin's a person too, so don't try and touch him or anything fucked up because I'll have him press charges."

I swallow, wondering if Jimin's been put into any awkward positions. If it were me, I'd probably freeze up and/or shut down. But Jimin took Taekwondo for a while and even got a black belt, so I'm sure he's not weak. A lot of his fans like to kind of make him some sort of helpless, fragile being, but I feel like I know the truth.

Not that I really know him anymore, but oh well.

Jimin puffs his cheeks out as everyone is loud and asks him a ton of questions, but he does a complete one-eighty and suddenly becomes a force to be reckoned with. His posture becomes more dominant and his expression alone quiets the room and I'm glad that I'm not on the receiving end of it.