seven

you aren't going to delete it, are you? inumaki signs to y/n

it's a dumb question. of course she isn't. the proof itself dangles between y/n's hands as she stares fondly at her lock screen. "nope," she sings, chuckling as she dodges another of his snatches.

he could've gotten her phone so many times, actually, but he went soft on her. and, honestly? why would he really be mad that he's on her lockscreen?

he's more than happy. his whole world is glowing.

"the sky is becoming orange," y/n says suddenly, pointing up. "it's getting late."

what inumaki's expecting next is a i should go soon! because they've been talking for quite a bit and hanging around aimlessly. however, she says excitedly, "we should watch the sunset!"

wow. everything she does just makes him fall for her more.

he nods his head happily. we can't see it from here, he signs and her smile turns into a frown. "oh, that's true..."

she doesn't say anything and begins walking again, kicking at a stone that lay on the ground. she seems upset that they aren't going to be able to watch the sunset. she probably likes it a lot, he thinks to himself as he watches the girl sulk.

he snaps his fingers, bringing her attention to him, and begins running, beckoning for her to follow. "run? but i'm tired," she says, but starts running anyway. moments later, she's short on breath, hands clasping her knees as she pants.

"i'm sorry, i'm just unfit."

it's fine! he shrugs and offers a hand to her. i'm a fast runner!

she grins lazily and takes it, allowing him to pull her along. he feels all the butterflies in the world swarming in his stomach as the gentle grip on her hand sends electric fizzes throughout his whole body.

"where are we going, by the way?" she asks, and inumaki points at the top of a building.

"awh, hell no," she says, "it's so far!"

but she gets dragged along anyway, and soon they're in the lift, on the way up to the rooftop. y/n's panting, but inumaki isn't even sweating. "are we... even allowed... up there?"

he shrugs, and the lift door opens at the rooftop. sure enough, there's a fence—they're not allowed to go in—but inumaki begins climbing it.

"we aren't allowed to go," y/n says. the wind up here is stronger, and inumaki's hair falls all over his face as looks down at her, grins and presses a finger to his lips.

it's our little secret.

sighing, but nevertheless grinning, y/n climbs over the fence and lands on the other side. she isn't much of a runner, but climbing is okay.

"why are we here?" she asks as inumaki settles down onto the rooftop, hugging his knees and leaning backwards. he looks at her with a surprised expression, like he's surprised he didn't tell her. he giggles and pats the spot beside him, cue for her to sit down.

she does, and he points to the sky.

she feels stupid for not noticing it before. of course, she thinks to herself as she admires the sunset. the gold sun is dipping, and a warm orange hue fills the sky, bleeding onto the floor, making the buzz of people almost seem gilded. the view is small from up in the building, but y/n still reaches out to it, hands cupping the contour of the sun.

"it's beautiful," she says softly. the wind kisses the both of them gently and inumaki nods.

she's staring at the sunset fondly, and he has the same expression on his face, only that he's staring at her. the word beautiful ghosts his lips playfully but never makes it out except for a soft whisper, unheard, carried away too easily in the wind.