Chapter Three

After storming out of Ayc's office, Aria drove home a little faster than normal. She had always been a bit of a speed freak, she loved the thrill and how the world passed her by in a blur. Somehow it calmed her.

The moment she got home she climbed into a warm shower, with the hope that the water would relax her tense muscles and salvage her mood even just a little, Deagan did not deserve to be on the receiving end of her foul mood.

Aria stared in approval at her reflection in the standing full-length mirror. The chiffon halter neck black dress hugged her torso and flared out around her hips all the way down to her knees, showing off her impeccably tanned legs which were held up in a pair of black stilettos. Her waist-long golden blonde locks were pinned out of her face and a pair of black flower stud earrings adorned her ears. Simple yet elegant was what she was going for and she was beyond happy with the end result.

She'd never been much of a make-up lover, but today, unlike other days, she put in the effort to achieve the perfect winged eyeliner and flawless fuchsia lips, she felt slightly pathetic for wanting to impress him, but not enough to stop herself.

Glancing at the clock when she was satisfied with her appearance, she realised that she was right on time, then all of a sudden the nerves kicked in, she had been on many dates, with boyfriends as well as a few other guys in the past, but none had ever made her feel this nervous.

She knew the moment she laid eyes on Deagan that he was different from anyone she'd been acquainted with before. She was so lost in thought that she almost missed the sound of the doorbell ringing. Sucking in a deep breath, she attempted to calm her nerves before opening the door.

The sight before her made her breath hitch for a second. Deagan was dressed in dark blue jeans, a crisp white V-neck that molded to his chest beneath a black slim fit suit jacket and a pair of black Timberlands, on his feet. His hair was slicked back in that natural-looking side sweep that she was sure took him the longest time to perfect; she smiled at the thought.

Deagan was in no way prepared for the vision that greeted him when Aria opened the door; the black dress contrasted her beautiful golden blonde locks and made her hazel brown eyes pop.

"Hi." He breathed with a magnificent smile on his face,

"Hey." She greeted with an equally bright smile.

"Ready to go?" he asked and she nodded as she stepped out and locked the door behind her. He held his hand out for her to take and led them both to his red Ford Granada, 1975 model, and opened the passenger door for her. Being a major car fanatic, seeing his car and its condition, impressed her extensively.

'Pure leather interior, a real classic.' She thought appreciatively and her admiration did not go unnoticed by Deagan, he watched her awed expression with fascination, it was something unusual for him to have a woman look at his car with such intensity.

"I love your car!" she sounded intrigued and his heart bubbled with pride. More often than not, people judged him for driving his grandfather's car, and here she was admiring it.

"Thank you, she's my pride, guess you can call it a family heirloom." He ran his finger across the dashboard and smiled lazily at her.

"Wow, that's awesome. She's in impeccable condition!" he grinned and started it up,

"Let's just say both grandma and mom, were jealous of the attention Shelly got." She laughed out loud, but couldn't help admiring their dedication.

The drive was filled with light conversation, Deagan adored that about her, he never felt pressured to speak to her and silences were never awkward. Before long they arrived at Al Fresco, an Italian restaurant in the heart of, Seattle; well known for their amazing Risotto and Carbonara, the place they both agreed upon during their earlier conversations.