Fraction Of A Second

The chilly winter breeze caressed her cheeks letting the coldness spread through her nerves. She closed her eyes feeling the feathery touch of December wind, and for no reason it remembered her of him and a smile crept her face automatically.

She let out a sigh and fixed her gaze at the phosphorus, which stood alone in that vast sky tinted with red patches by the rising sun. She can't help but think about the similarity they shared, alone. (Phosphorus - planet Venus in its morning appearance)

She felt like everything in the sky following her with the moving bus. The melodies played in the bus, entered through her ears and reached her soul.

The newly raised sun spread its baby rays across the vast sky blessing the earthlings with its warmth and she enjoyed the sound of white frothy waves of blue sea hitting the rocks.

That's the specialty of coastal roads, the beauty of nature can be witnessed on its best at that road, in the southern tip of Indian subcontinent.

As she looked at the point where the three seas merge together, she badly wanted to be that water, at least then, she can merge with him forever.

Early morning travel, clear sky, chilly breeze and melodious music is more than enough to soothe a damaged soul, but not in her case. Not when she is returning to her home town after three long years.

She is currently in a stage where her mind no longer enjoy the music of a song but lyrics. Some say, music heels broken soul, but not in many cases, including hers. All that melodies does now is stirring the emotions she buried deep down in her heart.

When she fell in love she listened thousands of songs imaging them together and whenever she hear the same songs now, all she can feel is pain, unbearable pain.

She often wondered how she survived all these days with this pain and the answer is time. Time never heals the wound it caused in past but it teach us to live with that wounds. And she learned, learned to live with his memories and the pain it costs.

Whenever she closed her eyes, she can see him, his every features like she saw him just a few seconds back, even though it has been years. Like a stone statue shaped by the most talented shilpi, her mind shaped him in the stone of her memories, not to fade away with time, but to last forever.

Will they call her mad? If she told anyone that she is breathing with the help of fading memories of him which is recorded in her memory lane. Will they call her insane if she tell them that he left her alone of nowhere all of sudden, ending everything they ever shared? Let them call her mad then, that's not going to stop her from thinking of him.

He is someone special for her, like her mother, father and brother he is a part of herself. She felt no current passing through her body, no butterflies in her stomach, no Goosebumps when she saw him for the first time, the world no fiction too.

But she fell for him, gradually, gently. She fell in love for the first time and the person who made her heart skid is him, Rizhwan.

He is not a man of dreams, not a Disney prince, not a knight with shining armor, he is him. Just another man, with a bit more sense of humor.

Love, don't find reasons, does it? She can't find the reason for which she fell for him until now. It was like something beyond her understanding.

Her eyes wandered outside through the window as the bus slowed down at signal. Her heart skipped a best as her eyes came in conduct with eyes person standing in the bus stop for a fraction of second. She closed her eyes as her breathing became uneven all of sudden.