Chapter 1

My day started like normal. I wake up, get dressed and go to the forest to hunt. My name in Jade, i'm 26 years old and I'm a hunter for my village. I'm really to only hunter left in my village. Everyone says its to dangerous that there are horrible creatures in the forest. Some call the demons, monsters, beast, winged demons, others call them sky devils but for me I call them.....dragons. But one day will change my life forever. This is the time I met my best friend and didn't even know it. :)

I'm in my usual hunting spot. A game trail deep in the forest. I have. Squeezed myself into a hollow tree, my bow and arrow in my hands really to strike. About that time I see a boar heading my way. They are easy to kill as long as you shoot right if you don't you should start to run. I aim my bow keeping my face into the wind while staying hidden in the tree. When suddenly a pair of bright green and blue talons grab the bore with one quick swipe. I climb of of the tree to see where the dinner snatcher went. I thought it would have flown far away but it was not even thirty feet from me. Head down chomping away at my meal. This creature stood 20 maybe 30 feet tall. More than a 60 foot wing span. It scales where a light blue with an emerald green on it talons and bright yellow going down its back and in its tail. It was beautiful, but the village is practically starving and I needed that boar. I aim my arrow at the side of its neck and release, sending the arrow into its neck. I have never heard a dragon roar before and I will forget it because of that day. It dropped its meal and roared a roar of pain and anger. It looked even bigger than it was five minutes ago. It scales instantly changes to a pale green with fear and white with pain but to soon turn bright red with anger. The angered dragon turned my way and saw me snarling its teeth. blood dripping from it teeth and neck. I was frozen in fear until the dragon spread its wings and roared at me. I snapped out of my daze and tried to run but I was pinned down by its mighty talons. I felt completely helpless. It leaned so close to my face to where I could see the golden speckles in its ocean blue-green eyes. Then something caught my eye. There was something attached to its chest. It was like a little harness. I then knowtist what it was holding.......a single egg.