Burn

I saved every letter you wrote me.

Every single one, from before you fell into the veil, after you fell back out, until now.

From the moment I read them , I knew you were mine.

Your letters were full of passion. I didn't notice when I was younger, but reading them back, its so easy to see.

You said you were mine.

You came back from the dead, and you promised me the world.

I thought you were mine.

I felt special, loved. You were so out of my league.

Do you know what Angelica said, when we saw your first letter arrive?

I was sitting in the kitchen with my late mother, she read your letter over my shoulder. She worried about your intentions for days after.

She said, "Be careful with that one love, he will do what it takes to survive."

I was fifteen, I didn't know any better. You were the first man to look at me like I was an equal, and I liked it.

You and your words flooded my senses.

I couldn't see you, you were at Grimmauld Place, and I thought you didn't see me that way. I was a only a teenager after all.

Your sentences left me defenceless.

Not even my own best friends wrote as often as you did. That should have been a red flag.

You built me palaces out of paragraphs.

You always wrote of when you had been on the run, the adventures you'd had with Buckbeak. It was breathtaking to even imagine.

You built cathedrals.

When I turned sixteen, my age worried me less, and I felt like a woman when you looked at me. And the you left.

I'm rereading the letters you wrote me.

When you got back out of the veil, I was older. Twenty-one. You noticed immediately.

I'm searching and scanning for answers in every line.

All my friends had left, too scarred, too anxious. But I had you.

For some kind of sign.

You told me you loved me. I had nobody else, but you. I was old enough for you now, and you were frozen in time in the veil, still 35.

And when you were mine...

We got married 8 months later, nobody showed up. It was perfect.

The world seemed to burn.

We had a spark, I felt that you were my soul mate.