2 | I Was Definitely Drunk

Mel.

The sudden voice makes me jump and spill a bit of my fucking drink all over my top, you have got to be kidding me, internally groaning and rolling my eyes. "Seriously?" I spit out. I immediately reach for the napkins on the counter and try to at least soak up some of the drink that spilled on me, granted it wasn't that much, but still not an ideal start to my night.

"Shit, sorry about that, let me help-" he start while also reaching for a napkin to dab on my shirt, my hand going up, a signal for him to stop. "It's fine, I got it." I interrupt him, his hand immediately coming to a halt.

"Well at least it's black lace and not white." He says trying to lighten the mood, A small smile on his face in an attempt to make me feel better. I smiled politely back at him, but I was still upset about the drink covering the upper half of my top.

 I smiled politely back at him, but I was still upset about the drink covering the upper half of my top

"Where's Vic and Louis?" He asks.

"Who knows, they've probably already found a room to occupy themselves for a night." I respond, continuing to dab the napkin along the outline of my top. "How was the first day of soccer?" I continue, hoping to start a somewhat conversation.

"'S fine, we had a new guy move in who was pretty impressive for being a junior. He said he just started playing a few years ago, which I don't believe." I nod in acknowledgment. "How's softball so far? You guys going to win another championship this year?" He begins to make himself another drink, with some liquor I've never heard of and grabs a lime, drinking it all and sucking on the lime, his eyes staring into mine.

I copy his actions, fixing myself a mixture of some fruity drink and vodka with soda, sipping on it while staring right back at him, a different feeling coming around us. "We'll be good just like we have the past 3 years, and you guys?" He chuckles and wraps his fingers around his empty glass.

"We'll be just fine." I nod my head, not knowing what to say. The same question of "why are we talking more in this past 5 minutes than we have the entire time we've been in the same friend group?" continues to swirl through my head.

My eyes take in his outfit, a simple black shirt with some jeans and those damn boots, are those things made out of diamonds or some shit? He never takes them off.

"Do you like live in those boots or something?" I ask before realizing what I said, immediately closing my mouth in embarrassment. "Sorry, that was weird to ask." I say after a few moments of him staring me.