V

"Warm embraces never felt so cold"

MATTHEO'S POV

"Umbridge. Professor Umbridge did" she finally gave in. "During detention she gave me her quill and told me to write these letters down and by the time I realized it, the letters 'T.M.R' were carv-" she said, showing the thing written on her hand.

"Wait wait WHAT! T.M.R? You have T.M.R fucking carved into your skin." I spoke angrily, death staring at her

"Y-yeah" she answered hesitantly as I let her go.

"That fucking bitch" I mumbled before making my way out of the common room.

Why the fuck does Umbridge think she can hurt Emylia and on top of that, carve my brother's initials into her skin?

I barged into her office, anger filling my body.

"WHAT THE FUCK" I yelled, banging my fists against her desk. "WHY DID YOU DO THAT TO EMYLIA"

"Did what, my dear" she asked, sipping her pink tea.

"You fucking carved my brother's initials in her skin, why for!" I screamed, completely losing any bit of self control.

I was furious.

"Well, as you know, Tom is going to be the next dark lord. And he needs followers for that matter" she explained, trying to calm me down.

"Yeah, death eaters. What does she have to do with that" I frowned, crossing my arms over my chest.

"He's gonna need more death eaters so I thought I could mark the most powerful students so that when he takes control of the wizarding world he already has the best followers. Isn't that a great ide-" she squealed, clapping her hands.

"THAT'S FUCKING TERRIBLE" I shouted.
"Do whatever you want I don't give a fuck, just- leave her out of it"

"Why." She asked, suspiciously

"Be-Because she has too much allies. She has the golden trio, Dumbledore, the entire Slytherin house and the Order of the Phoenix on her side, I mean there's a reason why she's the Slytherin princess on top of being the Quidditch team's captain. She's untouchable." I stated, not completely lying as I left her office

I mean she was everyone's favourite but that wasn't the reason I didn't want anyone to hurt her.

She was mine.

Mine only and no one touches what's mine.

If something happened to her I think I'd go mad. It's a weird concept. I don't really get what it is though. Being ready to die, kill and live for one and one person only. It makes you vulnerable and I didn't like it but I couldn't control it.

I sighed as I opened the common room's door. As I tried to make my way over to my dorm, I saw a small figure, laying on the couch.

"What are you still doing here Phoenix" I groaned, rolling my eyes.

No response.