Five.

not edited.

January 13th, 2018.
Tineel Hazel | Floyd
(ta-kneel.)

" I'm tired of getting calls about you from that damn school

" I'm tired of getting calls about you from that damn school." My stepfather Otis crossed his arms looking at me with disappointment in his eyes.

As if him standing there would make me change how I acted. Or let alone finally 'open up' to him like he'd so desperately been feigning for.

From the very moment my mama got sent away to do a 3 year bid up state.

For some reason he was sure that I was only getting into trouble at school, due to me missing her when really? That wasn't the case at all.

I had always gotten into trouble even when my mom was around. But me being that way never affected my grades so I was irritated that he was standing here in my face trying to 'get through to me' as if he was some fucking therapist.

" Do you ever think to ask yourself if I'm tired Otis?" I asked dryly which apparently took him by surprise.

" I understand that you're married to my mama so you feel obligated to try and tell me what's best for me, but I don't need anyone walking around trying to tell me about me okay?"

" I don't appreciate your tone, especially when I've been out here busting my ass to make sure you continue to have a roof over your ungrateful ass little head!" He raised his voice slightly.

Ungrateful?

" Your mama was too busy being focused on the fast life and look where she's at Tineel, locked up! Not doing shit to benefit you or help you. The only person that's out here doing shit for you is me!"

He continued to yell while I stood unfazed by the tantrum he was throwing. Because this was nothing new to me at all. And the longer I stood saying nothing the angrier he got.

Whenever shit didn't go Otis's way he'd yell and complain all day like he was a fucking child. And at his big grown age I expected better from him. But one thing he proved to me everyday was that even adults can be childish.

" How am I ungrateful?" My face frowned slightly.

" I never ask you for shit." I held my hand out.

" Watch your mouth!" He stepped forward pointing his ugly deformed ass finger in front of my face.

" Nah you better watch yours, cause my uncles already don't like you. So imagine what'll happen to you if I tell them you disrespecting me." I looked him up and down smirking.