Chapter 12

Its been over a week since Clarke was found and admitted to the hospital with her mysterious injuries. Not many memories came back as she stayed but a few surfaced to the front of her mind. Each day after the next small bites and pieces falling into place. Small basic information such as her full name, her mother and father's as well. Clarke also remembered her birthday and that she enjoyed drawing and gymnastics as a child. No other memories resurfaced after those, but Abby and Jackson reassured her that no mater how small the memories, it still counted. The rest will take more time to reoccur on their own, some with triggers. But it would all happen in due time.

Rather than focusing on what she can't remember, she focuses on making new memories instead. Bellamy visits frequently and even brings his sister, Octavia, every now and then. The young Blake was very excited and in shock when she entered at first. Her enthusiasm took Clarke by surprise, and it made sense then why Abby and Bellamy had kept her away for so long. But Clarke has adjusted well in the span of time she's returned and was able to handle Octavia better than she would have been able to before. She may not remember the girl yet but they were friends a long time ago. It was worth seeing and speaking with her. Octavia was so over joyed she wanted to hug Clarke. Bellamy tried to protest but Clarke let her anyway. The girls embraced but it didn't stop the pain Clarke had felt or been in.

Her body was healing greatly, and faster than what was presumed it would. Normally cracked ribs and sprains take weeks to heal, but Clarke was well on her way to recover in just nine days. It was strange but they let it be and allowed Clarke to enjoy being around every else. It was nice being with so many kind people. Even though Clarke can't remember her life she has a feeling it wasn't pleasant. And being here, now, with everyone who clearly cares about her, it was overwhelming in a good way. But having space between those intervals of care and affection was helping Clarke and giving her time to adjust.

As of today the only visitor she was meant to see was her mother, which was not until this afternoon. After taking so many tests, having so many visitors, trying to remember who she was and what happened in her past, taking time to rest, it was a lot. So Clarke rested well into the late morning. She was going to be discharged in a few days time, which gave her something to look forward to in the near future.

Clarke didn't have many things to take with her when she returned home but the countless amount of balloons, flowers, cards, and a few strangling stuffed animals set aside would undoubtfully be coming with her when she left. She laid down peacefully in sleep, the room as quiet and normal as can be. Each balloon unwavering, no cards or stuffy out of place. The journal Bellamy had gifted to her laid perfectly still on the table next to her and the bracelet rested still on her wrist. And yet instinctively Clarke felt something wrong.

Even in sleep she felt the presence of another. The goosebumps and hair standing up on her arm alerting her in sleep. Her survival instinct kicked in then as her eyes opened in a flash, her head turning to her left. Someone stood over her with a syringe, attempting to inject a yellow liquid into her iv. Clarke's eyes shot quickly to them as she reaches out a hand to stop them. Her hand has a vice grip on the woman's wrist, shocking her, but the stranger shakes it off quickly and uses a extra pillow from the chair to cover Clarke's face. She struggles against the suffocating feeling, thrashing and grabbing at her assailant, but it was no use. She knew panic would do nothing so she stayed calm and clambered for an advantage to fight back, but nothing was at her disposable. Just then the door burst open

"HEY!" Clarke knew that voice. It belonged to one person only-Bellamy.

The pillow fell away quickly as the woman threw a gas grenade to the floor and fled through the window. Bellamy coughs as he moves through the fog to look out the window, but found no one there. Shaking it off he rushes over to Clarke who struggled sitting up and trying to breath

"Clarke? Princess, you okay?" She coughs and tries to catch her breath but nods to respond to his words. He lays a hand on her back for support as she sits up to breath.

Several nurses and Jackson barge into the room as quickly as possible, causing both occupants in the room to jump. Jackson does well to apologies before rushing over to Clarke and checks her over. Her vital signs spiked and alerted a code blue, which is why he and several nurses came rushing in. Once he explains his reasoning, however, he looks to Bellamy for an explanation. The man looks to Clarke who gives him a subtle nod. It was okay to explain.

"Someone broke in and tried to kill her." Jackson's eyes widen before he acts and calls for security to do a sweep of the building and call the authorities.

Bellamy didn't get a good look at the person in the room, they had on all black suit with a mask that covered everything up to their eyes. Jackson takes all of this in to tell security to look out for and the cops once they arrive. Bellamy will have to give them a proper statement after but for now he simply stayed by Clarke's side as Jackson and the others left the room.

"How'd you know?" She asks, her voice quiet yet curious.

Bellamy explains he came by early to see her since since Abby had to work. She had missed quite a lot of hours through out the week and needed to make up for it. Since its rather early in the morning Bellamy didn't want to burst through the doors and wake Clarke, but what he saw was far beyond what he could have imaged to see. He saw the person standing above her through the window of her door and rushed in.

Clarke mules over this, her eyes softening "They could have turned on you."

"Rather me than you, princess." She rolls her eyes but smirks.

"Still cheesy."

"And you still look like a princess," He comes back. She blushes but plays it off and scoffs.

"Yeah right." He gives her a questioning look. Clarke catches it and looks down at herself. "Real great gown choice. And the bruises? Awesome accessories."

"That's not what I meant and you know it."

"Do I?" She looks into his eyes, their banter and tease now gone.

She never talks about her injuries, she simply accepts them in stride, does her tests, and rests. Never asking about the medicine given for pain or anything else. She simply lets it be. Butt how she speaks now. It hits low in his gut. Clarke was feeling insecure on how she looked, hoe she felt. Very few memories have resurfaced since she's awakened, and Bellamy knows that is something else that has been nagging at her lowly. She doesn't believe in what he sees in her. And Bellamy knows he must change that, right here and right now.

"Yeah." He takes her hand in his. "Your perfect shining blonde hair, bright ocean blue eyes, the mark above your lip, the sassy attitude and constant need to be right." She pulls her hand away and swats at him, pulling a smile from him. "Classic princess."

"Hahaha. Bite me."

Bellamy laughs softly before standing as Jackson enters the room again, security found no one on the premise matching Bellamy's description. It was as if a ghost had come and gone, vanishing into thin air. It was unsettling and not at all something Bellamy wanted to think about. But Clarke would be getting released soon and right now that was all that mattered.